News Article: Development Camp July 10-14

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'd say Kasper and Edvinsson definitely stand out as the most talented players out there. Edvinsson does look very lazy. Not that anyone is giving close to 100%. Maybe its just his how he looks at times, or maybe he just flew in from Sweden this morning
That is the nature of playing defense in 3-on-3 hockey. It simply does not allow you to be overly aggressive especially defending transition. Given his body of work in the SHL I really couldn't care less how he looks in this.

Reactions: izlez

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Kasper looked good. Not great....was hoping he would take over considering he's been playing against men over a year.

By far the best player on the ice was Lombardi. How was this guy ranked so low?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Kasper looked good. Not great....was hoping he would take over considering he's been playing against men over a year.

Me thinks you are putting too much stock in a 3 vs 3 scrimmage where kids are flying in last minute and haven't had much time together.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Meh, it's a 3v3 tourney where a lot of guys aren't going full speed, and there's a lot of space out there for kids like "Ammo" who likely feel they have a lot more to prove. I wouldn't put much stock in these games, they're just a nice glimpse at the skillsets of these new kids.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Edvinsson's and Kasper's talent level above everyone else seemed pretty evident.

I'm not sure what to expect from a young goalie prospect, but Cossa wasn't exactly inspiring confidence

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm not sure what to expect from a young goalie prospect, but Cossa wasn't exactly inspiring confidence

I can say with confidence that judging a goalie from a 3v3 scrim is futile. That's one step removed from a skills competition.

Reactions: bedtime20

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I thought most of Team Watson looked really good. Buium and Viro looked real solid. And its nice finally see Kasper in more offensive situations to see his actual offensive skillset.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
How were the teams split?
Cleary, Watson , Simon and Draper did a pick by pick draft to select their own team.

Simon took Cossa with his first pick.
I ask myself why the Grand Rapids coach would do that?

Brian-Windhorst.jpg

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
Kasper definitely looked like a "skill player" in this tourney and I absolutely loved how he attacked the net literally every time he had the puck. You could already get a taste of his high motor and crazy intensity game he's known for.

Also even though Edvinsson played with ~ 10% after he got off the plane shortly before he hit the ice, he still made some nice plays and had 2-3 dominating shifts. Looked really tired in the second game though.

And of course "Ammo" was a nice surprise. Could have a big season next year in Flint.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You can't really draw conclusions from a 3v3 game.

But, one thing I think can be concluded. For those Rasmussen fans who were really eager to see Kasper as the next Rasmussen, I'm afraid that you have failed to draft the next Rasmussen.

So you're saying he's more a Riley Sheahan?

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad