Development Camp 2019

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
McLeod: That's what I love about these d camp invites, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

He's another Quenneville it seems, I think he's an NHL player unlike Quenneville but next year he will likely be there again and it'll be like when Quenneville was at last year's as a 5 time participant.

Reactions: mdj12784

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Man, I forgot about Speers. 3 years ago he was essentially one of the last cuts out of training camp and now he's taken a bit of a step back since then.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Walsh attending is hopefully a good sign. Also interesting is the number of seemingly NCAA players like Talvite and McCarthy and Hellickson who have to pay their own way to stay eligible.

Did Walsh attend last year?

I can see the appeal for NCAA players, even if they have to pay for it. To get the exposure to professional caliber coaching and training, even for just a week, must be seen as a great opportunity. Also, there's always the chance that they have a breakout performance and end up getting signed.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Did Walsh attend last year?

I can see the appeal for NCAA players, even if they have to pay for it. To get the exposure to professional caliber coaching and training, even for just a week, must be seen as a great opportunity. Also, there's always the chance that they have a breakout performance and end up getting signed.
Yes and the year before. This will be his third camp.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I'd be surprised since it's only been 6 months since his surgery - my guess would be that he's coming for the off-ice activities.

Excerpt from: Penn State Hockey's Aarne Talvitie 'Ahead Of Schedule' In Recovery From Torn ACL (article from early May)

New Jersey Devils assistant general manager Tom Fitzgerald said Penn State men’s hockey wing Aarne Talvitie is “ahead of schedule” in his recovery from a torn ACL, according to The Athletic‘s Corey Masisak.

Talvitie will attend the Devils’ development camp, which has taken place in mid-July in each year since New Jersey drafted the rising sophomore in 2017. However, he may not skate and take part in the practices and drills there.

“Our doctors have checked on the rehab and conferred with the Penn State doctors. He’s ahead of schedule,” Fitzgerald said. “He’ll come to development camp. I’m not sure he’ll be ready [to participate] — him and [fellow Devils prospect Fabian] Zetterlund — but shortly after that, they should be ready.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad