Friedman: Devan Dubynk to the Sharks being worked on

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
This would clear a lot of cap for the Wild to take MAF's full salary.

Why do I get the feeling Greenway is going back as the sweetener with Dubnyk.

hmmm that’s possible.
But why would they take him there are better cheaper younger available

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Dubnyk and Jones had a combined Goals Saved Above average of -31.24 last season in a combined 4,025 minutes, which translates to 67 games. Oof.

They ranked 2nd and 5th worst in the NHL in GSAA/60 among goalies with at least 20 games played.

Have fun, Sharks. Gonna be a field day for the opposition

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I doubt Greenway's on the table here, but if we somehow offload Dubnyk without paying anything but some retention I fully expect karma to slap us right in the face with Fleury. I wouldn't even mind it if it wasn't for the extra year on his deal.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Probably cause you don't know a whole lot about the Wild.

If Greenway is the sweetener for Dubnyk, gotta believe Krebs is the sweetener for Fleury.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I can't see the Sharks giving up much for Dubnyk given how things went for him in Minnesota.

I also think that if the Sharks want to pick up a Goalie this offseason they would have younger and better options to pick from.

But at this point denial that the window is closed for the Sharks wouldn't surprise me at this point.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I doubt Greenway's on the table here, but if we somehow offload Dubnyk without paying anything but some retention I fully expect karma to slap us right in the face with Fleury. I wouldn't even mind it if it wasn't for the extra year on his deal.

The other thing I'm curious about is what else could need to be discussed. Are they still trying to figure out how much retention should happen? Which pick goes to who with how much retention? Where's the disagreement. This move doesn't feel like it should take this long.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The other thing I'm curious about is what else could need to be discussed. Are they still trying to figure out how much retention should happen? Which pick goes to who with how much retention? Where's the disagreement. This move doesn't feel like it should take this long.
Another good point.... all I can think is that it's something like Sorensen coming back and Guerin wants to line up a Donato trade before that happens, whether it's with San Jose or someone else. Otherwise I agree, the cap/money aspect here isn't complicated like the Parise deal would have been.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Taking Rask back is sweet enough.
In a vacuum I agree, but the difference between Fleury and Rask is urgency. They're both bad contracts for serviceable players, but Rask's badness is spread out over multiple years while Fleury's is more acute. To a team like Vegas, that's cap-constrained and looking to compete, there might be more motivation than there would be for Minnesota. Rask isn't ideal, but he's an okay depth forward and the cap space doesn't bother us at all next year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In a vacuum I agree, but the difference between Fleury and Rask is urgency. They're both bad contracts for serviceable players, but Rask's badness is spread out over multiple years while Fleury's is more acute. To a team like Vegas, that's cap-constrained and looking to compete, there might be more motivation than there would be for Minnesota. Rask isn't ideal, but he's an okay depth forward and the cap space doesn't bother us at all next year.

Pretty sure both have the same number of years remaining.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

They both have two years, no?

I agree about Vegas being constrained by Fleury vs. Minnesota not being constrained by Rask though.

Reactions: Bazeek

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think I'd still need a sweetener in a Fleury/Rask deal, but it probably wouldn't be too outrageous.

Agreed. I'd actually rather just take Fleury's full hit on without sending a cap dump back, and figure out what else needs to be included on each side to get Krebs or Glass, if I had my choice.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005

Probably Minnesota talking with other teams on who they want, wouldn't be surprised if Guerin was working on something to get a goalie out of Pittsburg.

Reactions: qqaz

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably Minnesota talking with other teams on who they want, wouldn't be surprised if Guerin was working on something to get a goalie out of Pittsburg.

I don't see why that would hold up a Dubnyk trade.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Whatever one thinks of Russo, he seems pretty sure that Guerin's not sniffing around Pittsburgh's goalies.

Reactions: qqaz

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To be fair, Rask isn't completely crap. He can do a creditable 4C. He goes out, skates around, knows how to take a faceoff, how to do a shift change. He had one incredible "Wennberg" moment last year on a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad