Devan Dubnyk (Vezina & Masterton Finalist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Well no, Bryzgalov didn't work out. Feel free to watch his playoff performances where he ****ING LETS IN BEACHBALLS

Yeah cause his regular season performance didnt help get us in the playoffs right????

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
I'm fine with this.. Maybe gives the boys a bit more confidence.. We're in such a funk right now, who knows what will get us out of it. Fingers crossed it is this!

Worry about the goalie situation again this summer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah cause his regular season performance didnt help get us in the playoffs right????

Well, no, not that much.

He was a below average goaltender here. Don't kid yourself. He was adequate, barely.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyway, this is the gif that came to my head first when I heard about this, and it pretty much sums up how I feel about this team and organization at this point.

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-QTlX.gif

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I overreacted a bit in my first post. He has played well for Arizona this year. Not a long term answer but hopefully the guys rally around him and we can turn it around. Lets just hope what happened when Nashville picked him up off waivers a couple years ago doesn't happen here. Played 2 games for them. Got torched in both and sent on his way.

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
We should have kept goalies we have instead,,,,i mean..come on....he has been on waivers and no one picked him up how many times??..Nashville sucked last year and he got sent to AHL..he was traded to Habs..they sent him to minors...I know the situation sucks..but this has done NOTHING to improve it...only proves how incompetent the people in charge are..

Dec 29, 2011
Southern Minnesota
I overreacted a bit in my first post. He has played well for Arizona this year. Not a long term answer but hopefully the guys rally around him and we can turn it around. Lets just hope what happened when Nashville picked him up off waivers a couple years ago doesn't happen here. Played 2 games for them. Got torched in both and sent on his way.

I completely agree with this. For just giving them a 3rd round pick this is a good deal for sure. I would expect they would wave Kuemper to Iowa when he's back healthy?

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Okay, now we enter the draft with probably a bit worse drafting position but we will still miss the playoffs, and not have a 3rd round pick. Minnesota sports ladies and gentlemen.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Okay, now we enter the draft with probably a bit worse drafting position but we will still miss the playoffs, and not have a 3rd round pick. Minnesota sports ladies and gentlemen.

Exactly 1000x this.

**** Fletcher.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I completely agree with this. For just giving them a 3rd round pick this is a good deal for sure. I would expect they would wave Kuemper to Iowa when he's back healthy?

Kuemper would have to clear waivers. They are probably going to carry 3 goalies on the roster.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Let's be honest, minus losing the 3rd round pick this is the outcome most realistically saw happening for the Wild.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
And where the **** is the next fix, a bottom pairing Dman? We really ****ing need one if we actually want to even look at the playoff standings from afar.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Well, no, not that much.

He was a below average goaltender here. Don't kid yourself. He was adequate, barely.

7-1-3 with a 2.12 GA is a little bit better than adequate my friend!! if we had a goalie with a 2.12 GA right now we wouldnt be in this situation!

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
This is worth it because it means Backstrom doesn't play and can't injure himself to prevent a buyout again.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
7-1-3 with a 2.12 GA is a little bit better than adequate my friend!! if we had a goalie with a 2.12 GA right now we wouldnt be in this situation!

His record and his GAA are both team stats. He had a .911 sv% with us, .909 overall. You think it'd be better considering his 7-1-3 record and 2.12 GAA but I guess it just shows you how much better the team was in front of him.

Anyway, .909 was good for 56th in the league last year. I didn't even bother looking at GP because he was so far down the list it doesn't matter.

Stop trying to defend him. He was bad for us. We got in because our skaters were much better. We advanced a round because our skaters were better.

Oh, and don't ever use GAA and a goalies record to argue how good he was with me again. You lost what little credibility you had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad