Devan Dubnyk (Vezina & Masterton Finalist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
I saw him for YEARS when he played in AHL in Springfield, MA...an absolute disaster..in the AHL...he is not an NHL goalie..Echl at best

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Really? This is solving the goaltending problem? Devin effing Dubnyk? A guy who's career save percentage is barely 90%? What a solution!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
This actually a good thing. He has 916 save percantage or would you rather keep going with a 800 save percantage.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Good. Gave up nothing major, and we don't have to watch Backstrom playing every night. I like this. .932 ES save% too.

Last edited:

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Calm down people!! My god some of you are thinking Quick or Lundquist were going to be available. What did you expect we would get?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Seriously? Dubnyk? :facepalm: Yay, now instead of 2 bad goalies we have 3 and they're all going to be occupying roster spots once Kuemper is healthy. Would've rather had Fletcher staying put for now and waiting until the offseason to do something.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
His cap is not even $1M. He is at $800,000. Is the angle here we hope he flourishes and buy out Backs then resign? I mean, if he is terrible we invested very little for him and we can look elsewhere after the season

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
He has a better win percentage, Save percentage than any of our goalies this year playing on a worse team than us! And people are whining. I think another reason for a goalie add is so Backstrom cant hurt himself if that happens we cant buy him out!

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
In a need situation without giving up anything big, not the end of the world.

You cant get a lot by giving up nothing. Hope Duby does well.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
He's been playing well but I think a 3rd is a bit costly. Not to nickel and dime but I really didn't want to part w any picks before the 4th round. Our pool badly needs to be built back up.

This is a good trade but really wish it wasn't a third.

Connor / Jack let's go

J22*

Fletcher makes the trade that everybody wanted him to make and everyone *****es about it? Seems about right. Didn't give up one of the young kids everyone was afraid he might. Didn't give up a 1st or 2nd round pick. Got a goalie that will be a free agent at the end of the year, so if he doesn't work out Fletcher can try again. If the price for Enroth or Neuvirth was similar, then this isn't a great deal, but I would rather have Dubnyk for a 3rd over trading a 2nd or more for either of the Sabres goalies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yep cause Bryz didnt work out at all last year coming from the Oilers right?? My god!!

Bryz was awful last year bud. Don't act like he was the reason we beat the Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad