Devan Dubnyk is playing great hockey right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Gagner looks to have permanent Oileritis, but Dubnyk's Oileritis was curable with the right treatment. Tobias Reider never developed full Oileritis so he is doing great.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sean Burke is the reason.

Before coming to Ariozona, Bryzgalov was mediocre, Smith was mediocre, and now Dubnyk as well. See the correlation? There is something about Burke that makes these goaltenders good.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

Those were his 5 years with the Oilers. He has out up solid numbers before, and imo last year was the anomaly, and not this year.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
MacT and Eakins destroyed Dub's confidence last year. Took him the off-season to refocus. I'm very happy he is back to playing how he did for us in 12-13 under Krueger. And it really shines a light on MacT's failings which is a huge bonus.

It's not all Burke either, look at Smith on the same team. Dubs just needed to get his confidence back after the Oilers left him out to dry getting peppered by wide open guys in the slot from the start of the 13-14 season. Goalies confidence is huge and we were chipping away at it even before last season started when MacT let everyone know he didn't think Dubs was a #1 and let everyone in the world know about every attempt he made (and failed at) to replace him in the 2013 off-season. And of course MacT was more than willing to blame the whole season on Dubs and throw him away after years of development for another teams cap dump that we probably coulda got for the 7th round pick.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dubnyk sucked in Nashville as well, who isn't exactly poor defensively.

This speaks more to Tippett than it does to Edmonton, just like Bryzgalov and Smith before this. Bad goalies go there to play well. This isn't new.

He played in two games in Nashville. If the system is so amazing, why does Smith have such gross numbers?

Ogopogo*

I never hated Dubnyk, I've always thought he was a decent goalie. This just goes to show that Edmonton is a goalie graveyard.

I always hated Dubnyk. He was crap in Kamloops, crap in Edmonton and, after he is done with this period of anomaly, will be crap in Arizona. The guy is not very good.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If Smith was in net last night the ducks would've beat the Yotes.

Granted I could say the reverse about Bryzgalov

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
That also might involve the "forgive me if he wasn't clear" part of my post.

If you're going to ask me that then I'm going to ask you're dragging this on incessantly in a discussion you originally had nothing to do with. He clarified himself before you butted in.

Nah, Puritania was totally correct to call you on that.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Dubnyk played exactly 60 minutes in Nashville....

i think mitch korn went as far as calling him fat. maybe didn't use that word, but i guess they found dubnyk to be badly out of shape for what they expected in nashville. not surprised he didn't play much over there...and then was booted out of town.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
i think mitch korn went as far as calling him fat. maybe didn't use that word, but i guess they found dubnyk to be badly out of shape for what they expected in nashville. not surprised he didn't play much over there...and then was booted out of town.

I don't recall that, but I do recall Nashville saying that they found he'd developed a lot of bad habits that they needed to break him out of.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

Well, right now Korn thinks Holtby who is barely playing above average is super special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille