Detroit's top line of Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi turning heads

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Not for long no AA, And look at the kids in GR! the hope that the Wings are going to be out of things for a long time are not looking good for the haters.

Eh the D still needs a ton of work. We need a top line winger, second line center, and a goalie once Howard is gone.

Hopefully we have that in the system with Veleno, Zadina, etc. The future is bright but a lot still has to go right for us.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Eh the D still needs a ton of work. We need a top line winger, second line center, and a goalie once Howard is gone.

Hopefully we have that in the system with Veleno, Zadina, etc. The future is bright but a lot still has to go right for us.
We have good kids on D down there, we have our 2nd line center in Joe V, I don't have much hope for little Z. but Rass is growing into his body.

Reactions: Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I am not sure that is possible, sir.

Ryan Mantha Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com this is who i was talking about lol

But I obviously meant to say Athanasiou.

Mantha just scored 4 straight in that game, his first 3 all a different way which is what makes him so dangerous. He can literally do anything out there and hes fast at 6'5. Only thing hes ever had is the consistency but every league hes played in hes taken a couple years to adjust and then blown up. Hopefully this is his coming out party in the NHL this year

But ya this line doesnt have the big name value of high draft picks or anythinfg and theyve slowly worked and developed into a legit top line. Offensively right now theyre one of the best in the league the last quarter season or so but theyre also really solid defensively. Going to take them some time to build a reputation though because they dont have the big name value or history of other top lines in the league right now

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Good on them, the sad part is they are going to have to play like this for us to win games. Glad they are trying to take on that challenge, they have insane chemistry. They just crushed a couple of pretty good top lines and d-pairings. But they did get backups most nights, of course I expect that to be the norm when teams do get a chance to rest a starter it will be us for at least the first couple months unless we prove to be a little more than what we really are.

Still Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha don't care what expectations are, they are good players and it is wonderful to see last year carry over into training camp and now the first two games. Dismiss this line at your own peril, they outwork people and are getting more dangerous in the o-zone seemingly by the shift.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Lol no they're not.
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnat
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

And that's just off the top of my head. I wouldn't put them in the top half of the league.
Names six lines. Immediately jumps to not even top half of the league...

Got 9 more for me bud?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Names six lines. Immediately jumps to not even top half of the league...

Got 9 more for me bud?
Can't say I watch the other teams enough to know their exact line but:
Crosby line
Ovechkin line
Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone
Schiele-Wheeler
Debrincat-Strome-Kane
Couture line
Pettersson-Boeser
Aho line

Ad