Detroit's top line of Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi turning heads

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
A combined 9 points tonight in the season opener against a top Western foe in Nashville, as well as going on a torrid pace with 39 points in the final eight games of last season. If they keep this up, this line looks legit.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not an easy line to play against, I’d imagine. Mantha is large, Larkin can fly and Bertuzzi is physical. They have a lot of nice elements there to go along with the raw skill.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They have the makings of a really good line and are young and still getting better.

Not so sure about the rest of this team for this season though.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Then you’re just ignorant I guess. They’ve been a top 5 line in hockey the past 30+ regular season games.
Lol no they're not.
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnat
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

And that's just off the top of my head. I wouldn't put them in the top half of the league.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
No

They're not.

Lol no they're not.
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

And that's just off the top of my head. I wouldn't put them in the top half of the league.

Yeah, they kind of are. As stated, 38 points in the final 8 games of last season and a combined 9 points tonight.

Nobody's saying they're the next trio to raise the Cup and challenge for scoring titles. But to scoff at their performance would be silly.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah, they kind of are. As stated, 38 points in the final 8 games of last season and a combined 9 points tonight.

Nobody's saying they're the next trio to raise the Cup and challenge for scoring titles. But to scoff at their performance would be silly.
Would you take them over any of the 6 I just listed off the top of my head?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Lol no they're not.
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

You're forgetting Gallagher-Danault-Tatar.

Reactions: Riddum

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I literally just said off the top of my head lol gimme a break here.
I know. :P I just want to make sure they get the respect they deserve. I doubt it's a line that would come to people's mind even though they were top 5 in GF at 5v5, had the best GF% and were constantly getting scoring chances. All while doing a decent job at containing the opponent.

Combined points are dumb. Just go with how many goals they scored.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Exciting line to watch. If Wings can re-create a 2nd line of that caliber... watch out. Add solid D in Seider, Hronek, McIsaac, or whoever in their system might pan out... DRWs will be well on its way to be a legit contender.

Reactions: koyvoo

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Lol no they're not.
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

Cant really argue with these lines here.

But gratz on your guys doing good to start the season.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Lol no they're not.
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Benn-Seguin-Radulov

I have a huge bone to pick with the Benn line. They are not even top 10.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They need to keep it up so I wouldn’t expect them to get much respect yet.
Stylistically you could compare them to Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. Give them time and they might earn some more attention. Mantha especially has stuff to prove, and all the ability in the world to do it.

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth

So all this fuss is technically about a 9 game split season stretch?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
They need to keep up that performance over at least half a season, if not more, to get recognized as what they are.

I think by the end of this season it will happen. I could see the line putting up 90-100 goals by season end.

Unfortunately, the rest of the roster is such a tire fire that it will keep them out of the playoffs. I could see the BLM line scoring more goals than the rest of the team combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad