Post-Game Talk: Detroit wins 4th in a row! Wings 2 - Ducks 1

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mrazek, Sheahan and Marchenko are my votes. Larkin just barely missing my top 3.

I also thought Kronner had a good game tonight which was encouraging to see.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I appreciate the vote for Marchenko. I guess he's my HM. He's just been incredibly steady this year, I've been a fan of his for years, so it's nice to see him pan out this well so far. If he can keep adding more physicality to his game, he could be an above-average 2nd-pairing defensive defenseman, with nice puck-moving ability. His mental toughness is excellent.

He's basically Ericsson right now, with less physicality and experience, but with more puck-moving ability and fewer mistakes.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Hmmm. Sheahan getting votes for what? He was almost missed a fully open net. Did nothing memorable bar the cannon shot.

I though Mrazek, Larkin and Jurco were best on ice tonight

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This team may not be worthy of a boatload of praise and headlines, but there's something to be said for their ability to play all these close games and come out on top most of the time, and getting at least a point nearly all the time.

Now if they could just break through offensively and get on a bit of a roll..

Hmmm. Sheahan getting votes for what? He was almost missed a fully open net. Did nothing memorable bar the cannon shot.

I though Mrazek, Larkin and Jurco were best on ice tonight
He had 2 of our 3 goals, that's good enough for me. He was solid all game.

Agree Mraz, Larkin and Jurco were great too. This is how Jurco needs to be playing more often.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Pretty good game from the boys. Marzek is so ridiculous and is worth the price of admission by himself.

Wish that first Sheahan goal would have counted as the game would have been less stressful to watch lol.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Even Dallas is only on pace for 270ish

05-07 were my favorite hockey years.

I think the 05-06 season after the lockout was fun in a way, and there was this charming gap between the old guard of players not retired yet and up and coming mid-late 80's born players... But there was waaay too many penalties, powerplays all the time it seemed...

06-09 were my favs.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This team may not be worthy of a boatload of praise and headlines, but there's something to be said for their ability to play all these close games and come out on top most of the time, and getting at least a point nearly all the time.

Now if they could just break through offensively and get on a bit of a roll..

He had 2 of our 3 goals, that's good enough for me. He was solid all game.

Agree Mraz, Larkin and Jurco were great too. This is how Jurco needs to be playing more often.

I'd be more concerned about our ability to score, but I'm very confident in Mrazek.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Winning ugly but we're winning. Defensive positioning and structure has be much better and guys seems to be playing much harder than earlier in year. Having said all that.....

This team is an abomination offensively. The stretches they go through where they generate absolutely NOTHING are so frequent...it's far worse than any team I can remember in my 25+ years of following the Wings. Worse than the boring and safe Babcock teams of the last few years...worse than anything I've seen. We go several minutes without a shot on goal...let alone a legit scoring chance. We can't forecheck, can't create on the rush...offensively we have nothing to hang our hat on except Larkin creating something with his speed or getting an occasional ugly goal or lucky bounce. There is major work to be done as far as tearing down and rebuilding this team, because right now if Pete and Jimmy aren't on their game we have no chance.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This team is an abomination offensively. The stretches they go through where they generate absolutely NOTHING are so frequent...it's far worse than any team I can remember in my 25+ years of following the Wings. Worse than the boring and safe Babcock teams of the last few years...worse than anything I've seen. We go several minutes without a shot on goal...let alone a legit scoring chance. We can't forecheck, can't create on the rush...offensively we have nothing to hang our hat on except Larkin creating something with his speed or getting an occasional ugly goal or lucky bounce. There is major work to be done as far as tearing down and rebuilding this team, because right now if Pete and Jimmy aren't on their game we have no chance.
And yet, we've scored only 2 goals less than Tampa Bay and 27 more than Anaheim this season.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I think 06-09 were all of our favorite years since the first lockout.

Is it a coincidence that these years line up exactly with when we were last a true cup contender?

2010-2012 we saw a bit of a decline, mostly because dats/Z were past their peaks (and Lidstrom was getting really old)

2013 and onward we've been a bubble team...

Actual Thought*

Blashill hockey sucks. That much is crystal clear. It is only because of goaltending they have won as much as they have. "Greatness is a daily choice" :laugh: I wonder what day Blashill is going to make that "choice"?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Blashill hockey sucks. That much is crystal clear. It is only because of goaltending they have won as much as they have. "Greatness is a daily choice" :laugh: I wonder what day Blashill is going to make that "choice"?

Yeah, I hate winning too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I sure don't like they way they've won the past few. Unsustainable.

Whatever. On a 4 game win streak and sitting 3rd in the conference.

Things could be much worse. The complaining over Blashill for the sake of complaining is obnoxious.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
What coaches are at the end of their contracts at years end, that we might want to pick up if we let Blashill go. I'm guessing Kenny wont do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad