Pre-Game Talk: Detroit vs Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
While it's always nice to see when other fanbases give some credit to the lesser known guys, indicating that they have watched more than just highlights, the overall impression from reading the Montreal threads is not that they think highly of the Wings.
Incorrect.
WE value guys like Z, Dats, Nyquist, helm.
Very similar type playing style. Strong forechecking with using speed and skill.
Youre still our opponent but based on all the Eastern teams, we respect you the most (imo).
Here's to a great game hopefully! :handclap:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
We need a regular GDT up. I'm a bit worried about this game. Montreal is like a bunch of Tatars running around up front: small, speedy, and tenacious. I'm betting they'll ruin our 100% PK tonight.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We need a regular GDT up. I'm a bit worried about this game. Montreal is like a bunch of Tatars running around up front: small, speedy, and tenacious. I'm betting they'll ruin our 100% PK tonight.

They haven't even confirmed lines yet, I'm sure one will be up soon enough.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
If it (PK) lasts despite their blast of offense, I'd be more than satisfied. If it doesn't, let's hope for Datsyuk to fix our PP.

Shredz

Oct 21, 2014
Louisville
i was never a hockey fan...until last year i happen to watch games from the stanley cup last year and actually found it very entertaining and have become a fan. i enjoyed watching the kings play but do not want to hop on the bandwagon right after they win a cup. recently been deciding which team to support this year and my years to come...im looking for a team with a good organization, good coaching, as well as a strong team with chemistry, would rather have a team that is smart with the puck rather than fast play solo stars. strong defense with an outstanding goalie. i started off watching the avalanche this year but am not impressed with there play..no depth in defense and have goalie issues. definetly not a third period team either...so im looking elsewhere. i see that detroit has been one of the earlier organazations and have a great fan base. besides all that my entire family up north are die hard red wings fans.... so iv decided to become a red wings fan. have i made the right decision based on the qualities im looking for in a team...????

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
i was never a hockey fan...until last year i happen to watch games from the stanley cup last year and actually found it very entertaining and have become a fan. i enjoyed watching the kings play but do not want to hop on the bandwagon right after they win a cup. recently been deciding which team to support this year and my years to come...im looking for a team with a good organization, good coaching, as well as a strong team with chemistry, would rather have a team that is smart with the puck rather than fast play solo stars. strong defense with an outstanding goalie. i started off watching the avalanche this year but am not impressed with there play..no depth in defense and have goalie issues. definetly not a third period team either...so im looking elsewhere. i see that detroit has been one of the earlier organazations and have a great fan base. besides all that my entire family up north are die hard red wings fans.... so iv decided to become a red wings fan. have i made the right decision based on the qualities im looking for in a team...????

Take your time and watch some games. You'll find an affinity towards a certain team. But to completely honest with you, the Habs sound more like the team you'd like. Chemistry up front, solid goaltending, star goalie, and a good organization. But the Wings are a good choice too. ;)

DatsyukianDeke*

Montreal's speed is going to cause us issues tonight, and they have a fantastic goaltender. Hopefully we get started on time and Datsyuk and Z reunite their magic from last year where they both played a couple points above PPG before they got injured. Our PP needs to get better, hopefully Pav can assist with that. Also, our perfect PK this season has been nice, but if any team might end it I would think it would be Montreal.

LGW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad