Jul 27, 2013
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 3m3 minutes ago
Wings' forward lines at practice
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar
Jurco-Helm-Nestrasil
Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m4 minutes ago
Datsyuk skating on line with Zetterberg and Abdelkader, a good sign.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 23m23 minutes ago
Franzen not skating today for Wings.

Looks like Dats may make his season debut tommorow

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 3m3 minutes ago
Wings' forward lines at practice
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar
Jurco-Helm-Nestrasil
Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m4 minutes ago
Datsyuk skating on line with Zetterberg and Abdelkader, a good sign.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 23m23 minutes ago
Franzen not skating today for Wings.

Looks like Dats may make his season debut tommorow

Like those lines. Throw in Mule with Helm and Jurco. Move Nesty to the 4th for Joker.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
@AnsarKhanMLive
Further indication that Datsyuk is ready: He's on top power play unit with Zetterberg, Nyquist, Helm, Kronwall.

@AnsarKhanMLive
Second power play unit: Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Nestrasil, DeKeyser.

‏@wingsfrontman
From the looks of how hard he's going in practice, it appears Pavel Datsyuk is ready to play Tuesday in Montreal.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Abby playing well, but still not a fan of 2 studs and a dud line.

Edit: guess without Franzen its ok. Would like to see Mule there when healthy. Think Abby-Helm-Jurco would be a very good 3rd line still.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Abby playing well, but still not a fan of 2 studs and a dud line.

Edit: guess without Franzen its ok. Would like to see Mule there when healthy. Think Abby-Helm-Jurco would be a very good 3rd line still.

Same. But I can live with it for the time being.

Ideally.

Mule-Z-Nyquist
Tats-Dats-Helm
Gator-Riley-Jurco

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have to question why you would split Nyquist and Zetterberg with how they've practically put the offense on their backs. Not only that, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line is better on paper than on the ice.

Maybe this year will be different though. It will only work if Nyquist continues to be a force playing on the 2nd line. I don't think he will be, because he'll draw most of the attention.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I have to question why you would split Nyquist and Zetterberg with how they've practically put the offense on their backs. Not only that, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line is better on paper than on the ice.

Maybe this year will be different though. It will only work if Nyquist continues to be a force playing on the 2nd line. I don't think he will be, because he'll draw most of the attention.

I'm curious what you mean by better on paper than on ice? Wasn't it just last year that they started with those three as the 1st line and they were scoring every game?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nice that Pav is back. A couple points off the habs will be nice cause theyre leading the division. I dont think theyve played particularly amazing or anything, the wings can definitely win this game.

Datsyuk should help the brutal PP

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm curious what you mean by better on paper than on ice? Wasn't it just last year that they started with those three as the 1st line and they were scoring every game?

My thing is, I don't think the drop-off from 40-13-8 to 93-40-14 is much, if there even is a drop-off at all.

That Swedish line has been great over the last few games. Understand Franzen is out, but don't want to give up on that line.

As pointed out, Nyquist has sick chemistry with Z and Mule.

Oct 22, 2012
Great, Datysuk.

Good luck guys, if Saturday nights habs show up it should be a good tilt. If we see the Tampa habs, congrats on the 2 points.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
My thing is, I don't think the drop-off from 40-13-8 to 93-40-14 is much, if there even is a drop-off at all.

That Swedish line has been great over the last few games. Understand Franzen is out, but don't want to give up on that line.

As pointed out, Nyquist has sick chemistry with Z and Mule.

I also prefer the balanced line up where we split up Z & D, I was more curious if I was forgetting some lost section of last season or maybe years past where they weren't good together.

I remember to start last year they were basically our only line that could score. Through the first few games they were literally the only line to get on the score sheet, IIRC.

I like this a lot, though

14 - 40 - 93
43 - 13 - 21
8 -15 - 26/ 49
20 - 41 - 18

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I also prefer the balanced line up where we split up Z & D, I was more curious if I was forgetting some lost section of last season or maybe years past where they weren't good together.

I remember to start last year they were basically our only line that could score. Through the first few games they were literally the only line to get on the score sheet, IIRC.

I like this a lot, though

14 - 40 - 93
43 - 13 - 21
8 -15 - 26/ 49
20 - 41 - 18

I do like that quite a bit.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I don't know about every game, but they were productive at times last year, yes. But there's a reason it always gets split up though, and I'm not talking about injury reasons. When they're on, they're on. But they have a tendency to both go stale at the same time and when that happens, the rest of the lines tend to follow suit. Hence Babcock splitting them up. I'm a bigger fan of having two top lines rather than the traditional one-two.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I do like that quite a bit.

The other positive to putting Z&D together is putting the onus on that 2nd line to be a true scoring line with no vets around to help carry the load or make awesome passes. It would likely mean more offense expected from Sheahan and for Nyquist and Tatar to create their own offense (which they can obviously do, is just neat to see it without putting Z or D with them) and against probably better defensive players than they are used to seeing, at least in Tatar's case.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I don't know about every game, but they were productive at times last year, yes. But there's a reason it always gets split up though, and I'm not talking about injury reasons. When they're on, they're on. But they have a tendency to both go stale at the same time and when that happens, the rest of the lines tend to follow suit. Hence Babcock splitting them up. I'm a bigger fan of having two top lines rather than the traditional one-two.

That's true. Nice to have the flexibility to put them together if Babcock wants/ needs to. But yeah I also prefer the split line up. Having to match up with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Sheahan, Glendening down the middle is tough for opponents.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The other positive to putting Z&D together is putting the onus on that 2nd line to be a true scoring line with no vets around to help carry the load or make awesome passes. It would likely mean more offense expected from Sheahan and for guys like Nyquist and Tatar to create their own offense (which they can obviously do, is just neat to see it without putting Z or D with them) and against probably better defensive players than they are used to seeing, at least in Tatar's case.

Believe that Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist was iced at some point last year, and looked pretty bad IIRC. I agree with the things your saying, I just think that Nyquist's chemistry with Z and Mule is far greater than his chemistry with anyone else. So I'm not sure how the line would do. Nyquist and Tats have spent time together before, and are both a year older, so maybe it would work now.

Just trying to look at chemistry. I really liked the look of the Tatar-Dats-Helm line in pre-season.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Believe that Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist was iced at some point last year, and looked pretty bad IIRC. I agree with the things your saying, I just think that Nyquist's chemistry with Z and Mule is far greater than his chemistry with anyone else. So I'm not sure how the line would do. Nyquist and Tats have spent time together before, and are both a year older, so maybe it would work now.

Just trying to look at chemistry. I really liked the look of the Tatar-Dats-Helm line in pre-season.

Yeah for sure, the lines I posted are what I feel benefits the team the most. Babcock doesn't always go with that, though, it seems :laugh:. I'm just thankful that nothing about Cleary getting into the line up has been said *knocks on wood*

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think a Nyquist&Tatar duo could be exciting with Z&D taking the hardest matchups. With Mule back, I prefer other combos.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah for sure, the lines I posted are what I feel benefits the team the most. Babcock doesn't always go with that, though, it seems :laugh:. I'm just thankful that nothing about Cleary getting into the line up has been said *knocks on wood*

He needs to be waived. It just makes sense.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Ugh...abby on top line just ruins everything for me....how many times does this guy have to kill possession for Babcock to realize he's not a top 6 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad