GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 10/11/2018 | 7:30PM ET | FSD

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd actually prefer Athanasiou to be the forechecker on that line and wouldn't be surprised if Blash is pushing the same narrative. The speed of the guy could be a cause of many headaches for opposing teams.
Yes. If he did it.

I've been praying for the day where AA gets engaged that way. I think he could be a force.

But I've never seen him do it. He's actually one of the slower guys when he's forechecking.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Yes. If he did it.

I've been praying for the day where AA gets engaged that way. I think he could be a force.

But I've never seen him do it. He's actually one of the slower guys when he's forechecking.

For the last two games the effort was there I felt but he does have tendencies that I feel do him more harm than good. Like never picking his head up and seeing whats around him. If continues to actually try though, I certainly think he'll learn to be more effective.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
For the last two games the effort was there I felt but he does have tendencies that I feel do him more harm than good. Like never picking his head up and seeing whats around him. If continues to actually try though, I certainly think he'll learn to be more effective.

at one point, its not about learning anymore. AA is what he is. I'd be surprised if he ever scores more than 50 points in any given season and plays good defense

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
at one point, its not about learning anymore. AA is what he is. I'd be surprised if he ever scores more than 50 points in any given season and plays good defense

Agreed, at this point it may be best to trade him and make a spot for someone like Svechnikov.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'd wait a month or two to see if this center experiment ever works out.
Agreed.

We're all so keyed in on AA at this point but it's only been 3 games. Too early to tell if he's "got it" yet or not. Especially since switching him to center and on a line that has had zero chemistry.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Sorry but we will win this one. Toronto will be relaxed. Wings will played defence first, It will be AA night , as long as he doesn't face first 2 lines

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry but we will win this one. Toronto will be relaxed. Wings will played defence first, It will be AA night , as long as he doesn't face first 2 lines
IMO the wings will get torched if they play defense first. If they force things with speed and draw some penalties, maybe they have a chance. That's the best way to "defend" against TOR PP: work and make them PK.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I think it'll be a competitive game for the first half, then the Leafs will take over once they get a couple power plays.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Pretty much expecting to get destroyed here. Hopefully some of the young guys have a decent game to make it worth the watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad