GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 10/11/2018 | 7:30PM ET | FSD

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Probably should be, I’ve been wary of this since the summer.
I mean guess he could be sent down to make room (someone is as likely to get hurt by then too) and I wouldn't really be adverse to it, but I think he hasn't been as negative a factor as portrayed here. He's been in front of the goalie on 3 PP goals, influential on 2 on them. The Larkin goal last night Freddy Andy stood up straight to get a view over him and the shot came in, disrupted him and made the easy save hard.
If they send him back to tri city I'll be surprised.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think Rasmussen will be fine. He's a bit walleyed making the step into the NHL, he isn't the first, won't be the last.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Good thoughts on Ras, thanks for entertaining the question.

Speaking to the linemate point, shouldn't there be a general mixup of lines given that the most goals the wings have scored has been 3 in a game?

Interesting to me that Vanek and AA cant seem to capitalize, albeit both have had chances, together. Should there be a larger mixup of lines including separating those two?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's had only a couple good shifts since he was called up. He's pretty clearly in over his head.
He's not in over his head at all. Just because you're not dominating doesn't mean you're unable to handle the level of play. He's doing solid work in front of the net, in board battles and usually makes solid, safe and simple plays. Had a very nice assist. On a better team he would probably have gotten a few tap-in goals and everyone would be totally happy with him.
Ras isn't the type of player to dazzle with speed or fancy hands, so his game isn't gonna be very noticeable until he learns to use his size and reach in a better way against NHLers. The only way to do that is by playing in the NHL. Once he gets comfortable and makes some adjustments he will be a bigger factor.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Take our 2 weakest D out and replace them with our best D-man from last season and a promising youngster and we might actually win some games.
The way I'd form our D right now would be:

Dekeyser-Jensen (shutdown defensive pairing)
Cholowski-Green (top offensive minutes)
Ericsson-Hronek

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
He's not in over his head at all. Just because you're not dominating doesn't mean you're unable to handle the level of play. He's doing solid work in front of the net, in board battles and usually makes solid, safe and simple plays. Had a very nice assist. On a better team he would probably have gotten a few tap-in goals and everyone would be totally happy with him.
Ras isn't the type of player to dazzle with speed or fancy hands, so his game isn't gonna be very noticeable until he learns to use his size and reach in a better way against NHLers. The only way to do that is by playing in the NHL. Once he gets comfortable and makes some adjustments he will be a bigger factor.
Raz is also 1 of the few with a plus. I know it doesn't mean much but still, he's holding his own

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->