GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 10/11/2018 | 7:30PM ET | FSD

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

So this game should be...interesting. Home game for a team that can't score or get its own fans to show up against a team with a ton of fans nearby and is currently rolling offensively.

Is it Friday, yet?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
You would expect this to be a complete blowout, but it might be a trap game for Toronto where they no show like the Wings did when they were good and went up against bad teams.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

So this game should be...interesting. Home game for a team that can't score or get its own fans to show up against a team with a ton of fans nearby and is currently rolling offensively.

Is it Friday, yet?

Reminds me of the 1970's when the Olympia only sold out to fans of the TML, Broad Street Bullies and the Canadiens, who kicked our butts. Will we see any red seats?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Guys, they've gone to overtime against Montreal and Chicago, and flat out lost to Ottawa. Maybe we let their own ridiculous fan-base do the parade planning for them?
Yes, their defense and goaltending isn't exactly stopping the puck from going into their own net.

However you cannot discount that they have a lot of weapons offensively, and this will be a major test for our young defenders. Coupled with the fact there are going to be a ton of Leafs fans in the building (went to a game two seasons ago and it was a nightmare) this could be frustrating to watch.

But this could be one of those games where for some reason the Wings take care of business.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Guys, they've gone to overtime against Montreal and Chicago, and flat out lost to Ottawa. Maybe we let their own ridiculous fan-base do the parade planning for them?

they've been getting absurdly lucky with the goals thus far too

Matthews and Tavares have a combined 65% of their goals on the season and are at a 50%/33.3% shooting percentage respectively

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
they've been getting absurdly lucky with the goals thus far too

Matthews and Tavares have a combined 65% of their goals on the season and are at a 50%/33.3% shooting percentage respectively

That could also mean those two are red hot right now which doesn't bode well for us. Anyways, games are played on the ice and looking forward to this one.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Typical "should be a blowout" type game that might as well end up with a 2-1 win for us. Toronto ain't gonna score 7 every game and it wouldn't be a shock if they come out with a flat effort against a team like the Wings.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
As much as everyone is being all doom and gloom about the DRW getting smashed by the Leafs, Toronto's GA are as bad as their GF are good. For a team that struggles to score as much as the DRW, I'm not too concerned with the outcome of this game but am excited for the potential to see some goals for the wings.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Damn cholo out. One of the few players I’m excited about on this team. I think nyquist will make that line better but would have rather tried helm up with them and Abby demoted to the 4th

Reactions: NickH8

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
As much as everyone is being all doom and gloom about the DRW getting smashed by the Leafs, Toronto's GA are as bad as their GF are good. For a team that struggles to score as much as the DRW, I'm not too concerned with the outcome of this game but am excited for the potential to see some goals for the wings.
Here's to doubling our season goal total tonight!!
:cheers:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Damn cholo out. One of the few players I’m excited about on this team. I think nyquist will make that line better but would have rather tried helm up with them and Abby demoted to the 4th
Abdelkader's been f***ing invisible. Helm at least gives 100% effort all the time. Abdelkader just seemed like he couldn't keep up.

Reactions: avssuc

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
in 3 years Babcock make Toronto cup contender . He did it with Ducks , he did it with Wings and now Toronto . I believe he will be great general manager to , hope we will get him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad