GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/12/16 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
The problem is that Pateryn wasn't even benched for one bad game. He was benched early in the season to make room for Sergachev. All reports were praising Pateryn for his early season play. How many games did he get after being benched to get back into shape?

Pateryn could be like a mini Weber on the 3rd pairing. Solid physical defenseman with a good first pass.

Well that tends to happen with #6 defensemen. They'll sit time to time to try someone else out. Hanley did ok last game and has been great in the AHL so I can understand rewarding him.

The bigger issue is Emelin on the first but I suppose it's working for now.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Price will most likely play tonight and they will give the non-conference game to Montoya. Al is from Chicago, I think it goes without saying he gets the start for taking one for the team in Columbus.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Well that tends to happen with #6 defensemen. They'll sit time to time to try someone else out. Hanley did ok last game and has been great in the AHL so I can understand rewarding him.

The bigger issue is Emelin on the first but I suppose it's working for now.

Except that Pateryn is not some over the hill throw away defenseman. He's a guy we are sill trying to develop. By all accounts he was playing very well too. He could be a part of the habs for many years to come as a cheap bottom pairing guy. All cup contenders need those and he's proven more in the NHL than Hanley has. Just pick a guy and go with it cuz I'm not sure that one game for this guy and one game for that guy is the best way to develop them.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Price will most likely play tonight and they will give the non-conference game to Montoya. Al is from Chicago, I think it goes without saying he gets the start for taking one for the team in Columbus.

This is setting him up for another disaster while his confidence is low

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
If the Habs want a shot at winning both B2B games they must start with Montoya at home tonight that still gives us an advantage over the Red Wings, in Chicago meanwhile who is 7-1 at home only Price can steal a game there whereas Montoya would certainly lose.
If the Habs want to leave with 2 points out of a possible 4, guaranteed victory if Price starts tonight, guaranteed loss if Montoya starts tomorrow.
The former is a gamble, the later is a mathematical certainty

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
If the Habs want a shot at winning both B2B games they must start with Montoya at home tonight that still gives us an advantage over the Red Wings, in Chicago meanwhile who is 7-1 at home only Price can steal a game there whereas Montoya would certainly lose.
If the Habs want to leave with 2 points out of a possible 4, guaranteed victory if Price starts tonight, guaranteed loss if Montoya starts tomorrow.

The habs are 12-1-1... there is no need to deprive fans who pay exorbitant fees to watch the games live of their star player. Habs are also going for a consecutive home win streak if that means something.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Will be an exciting game as always when we play the Wings. It will be close, but i think we will pull it out by a score of 3-2.

As for the debate of who to start, I think it makes most sense to start Price tonight and then Montoya tomorrow. I think the latter will redeem himself for that loss to the Jackets.

Last edited:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Will be an exciting game as always when we play the Wings. It will be close, but i think we will pull it out by a score of 3-2.

As for the debate of who to start, I think it makes most sense to start price tonight and then Montoya tomorrow. I think the latter will redeem himself for that loss to the Jackets.

Exactly give Montoya a chance to redeem himself against Chicago as long as the team doesn't hang him out to dry again. There is no such thing as guaranteed wins in this league as we saw last game.

Maybe Montoya comes in tonight and they lose tonight and then lose again on the road against Chicago. If they have a chance at a W with Price in nets tonight then go for it and let the chips fall where they may tomorrow night.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The former is a gamble, the later is a mathematical certainty

It's not a guaranteed loss if Al starts against Chicago

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

This is how I see it as well. Letting him play against the Hawks is a thank you and sorry for hanging you out to dry in Columbus. Good move imo.

What I also like seeing is instead of having a 1a & 1b 1st line, we now have a 1st line and a 2a & 2b 2nd line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad