GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Montreal Canadiens | 10/15/2018 | 7:30PM ET|FSD

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In 4 games, Montreal has a GF/GA of 11 and 10.
In 5 games, Detroit has a GF/GA of 11 and 23.

If the Wings can tighten up their defense, this could a a low scoring affair. If not, the "Lose for Hughes" streak might keep on rolling...

BTW, is Cholowski still on track to return tonight?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
In 4 games, Montreal has a GF/GA of 11 and 10.
In 5 games, Detroit has a GF/GA of 11 and 23.

If the Wings can tighten up their defense, this could a a low scoring affair. If not, the "Lose for Hughes" streak might keep on rolling...

BTW, is Cholowski still on track to return tonight?
Yes, Cholowski is in tonight. Frk is also in but we don't know who for.

Reactions: TheMule93

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Frk looked great in preseason wouldn't be surprised if he sticks

He's really worked on his skating and he can forecheck pretty well

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
I've been wanting Frk to get in the lineup the last few games so I'm glad he'll get a shot. Sucks it'll be Rasmussen riding the pine but in fairness, he has looked a bit overmatched so far. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him over the next week or do as we approach his 9th game.

It'll also be interesting to see what they decide to do when Svechnikov returns too

Reactions: jkutswings

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
One of the two wins I predicted in the first twelve games. Let’s hope they play with some fire after that beat down the other day. If there is no fire tonight, I really have to question Blashill.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018

Has it been suggested by anyone else that Raz might get scratched tonight. He hasn't scored a goal yet but he has provided more than Vanek or Nielsen thus far with his net front presence contributing to a couple of goals.
Vanek would have had an easy one against Boston on a beautiful feed from AA if he was paying attention.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Has it been suggested by anyone else that Raz might get scratched tonight. He hasn't scored a goal yet but he has provided more than Vanek or Nielsen thus far with his net front presence contributing to a couple of goals.
Vanek would have had an easy one against Boston on a beautiful feed from AA if he was paying attention.

When these young guys come up they usually get scratched here or there so that they can stay with the team a bit longer than they would if they played the whole 9 games right off the get go. The team isnt scoring at all right now so they might want to evaluate him when the team is scoring a bit better (if they start to score more) so they sit him.

Some people will be pissed but I dont mind him sitting a game if it means they get a better evaluation of him

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Regarding Rasmussen: In my opinion, it would be the absolute wrong move to send him back to Junior. To improve, you must compete against opponents who are better. Is he in over his head right now? Obviously. Sending him back to Junior at this point would only stunt his development and maybe even his confidence. Keep him up, let him watch some games from the box, and learn from the vets. Maybe have Zetterberg do some off-ice mentoring for him, reviewing video, giving advice, etc.

Of all the Wings' prospects, Rasmussen is the one with which they need to be the most careful. He knows he needs to be better, but this is his first season against men. Give him some time; he's a no-nonsense, hard-working kid, and he'll figure it out sooner rather than later.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I don't agree with sitting Rasmussen. No, he hasn't be great, but he hasn't been terrible either.

Forwards who have been better than Ras: Larkin, Bertuzzi, Helm, Nyquist
Forwards who have been worse than Ras: Abdelkader, Nielsen, Vanek, Athanasiou
Forwards who have been equivalent to Ras: Ehn, Glendening, Mantha(I was tempted to put him in the worse than group)

Another loss coming, but the fact that they are starting Niemi, and the fact that (you would hope) we come out pissed off based on last game, we should see a better effort. 'm hoping for some goals. I'll say 4-3 MTL wins.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I don't agree with sitting Rasmussen. No, he hasn't be great, but he hasn't been terrible either.

Forwards who have been better than Ras: Larkin, Bertuzzi, Helm, Nyquist
Forwards who have been worse than Ras: Abdelkader, Nielsen, Vanek, Athanasiou
Forwards who have been equivalent to Ras: Ehn, Glendening, Mantha(I was tempted to put him in the worse than group)
Athanasiou has been better than all of the forwards other than Larkin and Bert. He has just been snakebitten.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't see the point in sitting Ras this early into the season.

He has been terribly underwhelming but we gotta get him used to this competition so we can find out who this guy is sooner than later.

If Mantha AND Rasumussen both "bust" then that will be a major setback.

Reactions: Filppula

zwixrr

May 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
I disagree. He's not doing enough. He's often playing lazy, and uninvolved. All I have done for the past 3 years is defend AA, about how all he needs is a true shot. I'm done defending him. Time to show up.

Have you even watched the games man? The only guy putting more into their shift on this team is Larkin. Just because a guy is having a cold streak and not producing doesn't mean he hasn't been playing better than others.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I don't see the point in sitting Ras this early into the season.

He has been terribly underwhelming but we gotta get him used to this competition so we can find out who this guy is sooner than later.

If Mantha AND Rasumussen both "bust" then that will be a major setback.

No need to play the "If" game this early in their careers.

Rasmussen looks overwhelmed at this point. Having him sit for a game or two to see it from a different perspective isn't going to kill him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The sooner Abby is off this team, the better imo.
2k5lp2

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
You guys realize sitting one game out of 82 isn’t going to make or break a player. Rasmussen hasn’t been involved in the play and has no confidence. Let him watch a game from the press box and learn a think or two.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
No need to play the "If" game this early in their careers.

Rasmussen looks overwhelmed at this point. Having him sit for a game or two to see it from a different perspective isn't going to kill him.
I'm not saying it is going to kill him, I don't see it with only five games played.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad