GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Montreal Canadiens | 10/15/2018 | 7:30PM ET|FSD

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You think any veterans will ever want to come to Detroit if we are sitting them?
Ones that don't play like complete garbage night after night will.

It's not like it'd be sitting Sidney Crosby. Vanek is a known half-assed player who scores goals. No one would be shocked that he played poorly enough to warrant benching. It'd be a good message on a team with a lot of young players. No one gets a free ride.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Have you even watched the games man? The only guy putting more into their shift on this team is Larkin. Just because a guy is having a cold streak and not producing doesn't mean he hasn't been playing better than others.

Yep, watched all 5 games. He has looked good "at times", then does nothing for long stretches. He needs to compete with more consistency, and at the end of the day, needs to produce more offence.

Again, I have done nothing but praised AA since he got to Detroit, preaching about him being misused, and about how he needs more ice time. This year he's averaging almost 17 minutes per game, with one assist to show for it. All I have done is complain that Mantha and AA deserve more minutes, and that production will follow once they get the minutes. Now it's time to prove it. I am done complaining about these 2 guys, because the reality is that they are looking more and more like dime-a-dozen NHLers, who only compete when they feel like it.

If either AA or Mantha worked as hard as Bertuzzi, they'd be 70 point players. They are lazy, and take entire games off.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You guys realize sitting one game out of 82 isn’t going to make or break a player. Rasmussen hasn’t been involved in the play and has no confidence. Let him watch a game from the press box and learn a think or two.

Right because Nielsen, Vanek and Abdelkader have really been involved in the play and are displaying tremendous confidence.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Yep, watched all 5 games. He has looked good "at times", then does nothing for long stretches. He needs to compete with more consistency, and at the end of the day, needs to produce more offence.

Again, I have done nothing but praised AA since he got to Detroit, preaching about him being misused, and about how he needs more ice time. This year he's averaging almost 17 minutes per game, with one assist to show for it. All I have done is complain that Mantha and AA deserve more minutes, and that production will follow once they get the minutes. Now it's time to prove it. I am done complaining about these 2 guys, because the reality is that they are looking more and more like dime-a-dozen NHLers, who only compete when they feel like it.

If either AA or Mantha worked as hard as Bertuzzi, they'd be 70 point players. They are lazy, and take entire games off.
We are watching different games then because AA has been working harder and more consistently than I've ever seen from him.

He's had multiple great scoring chances but can't seem to catch a break. If he keeps playing like he has, the points will come.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I'm not saying it is going to kill him, I don't see it with only five games played.

I know, it was hyperbole; unheard of here, I realize. :sarcasm:

I don't know, man, to me he's just looked completely overwhelmed. He's done some puck retrieval and had some opportunities, but more often than not he just looks lost. In my opinion, better to sit him and give him instruction now before he picks up too many bad habits too early.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
We are watching different games then because AA has been working harder and more consistently than I've ever seen from him.

He's had multiple great scoring chances but can't seem to catch a break. If he keeps playing like he has, the points will come.

What does that tell you then, if he is working harder than ever, yet has no goals, 1 assist and is a -3 in 5 games?

Time to produce. Next thing you know, he's 11 games into the season and has no goals and 2 assists. It's time to score some goals, and get on the scoresheet. Being a fast skater isn't going to cut it anymore in my books. I'm done with him being the best player on the ice one game, and then invisible for 7 or 8 games in a row.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I know, it was hyperbole; unheard of here, I realize. :sarcasm:

I don't know, man, to me he's just looked completely overwhelmed. He's done some puck retrieval and had some opportunities, but more often than not he just looks lost. In my opinion, better to sit him and give him instruction now before he picks up too many bad habits too early.
My take on sitting Rasmussen is that he's actually looked better the last couple games. I agree that he seemed completely out of his element the last few games but is starting to find his bearings.

Also as I mentioned, there's Vanek who played like complete dogshit and deserves to sit.

Do we know for sure it's Rasmussen who's sitting?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
What does that tell you then, if he is working harder than ever, yet has no goals, 1 assist and is a -3 in 5 games?

Time to produce. Next thing you know, he's 11 games into the season and has no goals and 2 assists. It's time to score some goals, and get on the scoresheet. Being a fast skater isn't going to cut it anymore in my books. I'm done with him being the best player on the ice one game, and then invisible for 7 or 8 games in a row.
It tells me I watched the games and not just the stat sheet.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018

The three scoring chances he had against Toronto were all the same. He was fed the puck at full speed coming down the left wing near the blue line. Other than that, he was chasing the puck. It was reminiscent of Larkin's first year.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
My take on sitting Rasmussen is that he's actually looked better the last couple games. I agree that he seemed completely out of his element the last few games but is starting to find his bearings.

Also as I mentioned, there's Vanek who played like complete dog**** and deserves to sit.

Do we know for sure it's Rasmussen who's sitting?

Eh, I don't know that Vanek's looked bad, per se, but he's definitely frustrated not being able to finish his chances. I HAVE, however, been completely underwhelmed by Axlemaker.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Eh, I don't know that Vanek's looked bad, per se, but he's definitely frustrated not being able to finish his chances. I HAVE, however, been completely underwhelmed by Axlemaker.

I don't know if you watched the game against Boston, but Vanek was atrocious. Not just missing his chances, but total lack of effort making multiple half-assed plays.

Thanks for confirmation on Ras though. And I agree that Abby has been invisible.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
I don't know if you watched the game against Boston, but Vanek was atrocious. Not just missing his chances, but total lack of effort making multiple half-assed plays.

Sadly, I accidentally saw the score before-hand so I only half-watched the game... I don't think anyone was good, but I won't argue with you on Vanek.

Thanks for confirmation on Ras though. And I agree that Abby has been invisible.

No worries.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I don’t mind Rasmussen watching one from the press box, besides the PP he looks mighty confused. I’m not anymore concerned about him than I was before the season started either, just a kid playing his first 5 games in the league. Dare I name a former Red Wing defenseman that looked amazing in his first 14 games and went downhill from there. Give Rasmussen some time, have to imagine the jump from Junior hockey to the pros is one of the hardest.

Reactions: SirloinUB

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It tells me I watched the games and not just the stat sheet.

Haha, ok buddy, you caught me. I haven't watched any of the games. I actually never do, I just like looking at stats, and then commenting on message boards pretending like I watched! Damn, my cover is blown, oh well I had a good run.

:shakehead I used to defend AA too, until I realized he's just not that good. He's flashy and exciting about twice per game, the rest of the time he's floating.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Rasmussen doesn't look ready at all, let him dominate Juniors again and then he can play in the AHL next season.

I can agree with the first part, but not the second; he's physically WAY past the Junior league, and the AHL would be perfect for him right now. He doesn't need to be playing against kids again for any length of time.

The CHL transfer agreement is completely ridiculous. He and Zod should be tearing up the AHL together.

Ninja Edit - Spelling a VERY simply word

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->