Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Nobody is going to report to Flint because of ownership, and the water situation.

Best thing for the OHL is to move the team.

Both are big red flags for the future or the org.

https://twitter.com/tydellandrea/status/718850527707029504

Owner has been suspended for 5 years and the water situation should be taken care of by the time the season starts

Yahoo article on 5th overall pick
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/j...d-to-be-part-of-culture-change-193101518.html

Last edited:

ComradeChris

May 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/tydellandrea/status/718850527707029504

Owner has been suspended for 5 years and the water situation should be taken care of by the time the season starts

The water situation has been a problem since April 2014. All the piping is contaminated with heavy metals. An entirely new network of piping has to be made to fully remify the issue. No one talks about that because it is far too much money for the Federal Gov to issue or for the State to take on by itself. The only thing Michigan has right now to fix the problem is a surplus of unemployed people looking for work.

It's also been found that suburbs outside of Detroit have higher than normal levels of lead in their water. Media hides all this because of the cost implications and the work required to make it right. I wouldn't expect any changes until 2024 at the earliest.

TLDR; Flint water crisis started in 2014. New piping system needed to replace current one. Won't happen due to monetary costs. Will be swept under the rug soon and forgotten by everyone nationally.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
The water situation has been a problem since April 2014. All the piping is contaminated with heavy metals. An entirely new network of piping has to be made to fully remify the issue. No one talks about that because it is far too much money for the Federal Gov to issue or for the State to take on by itself. The only thing Michigan has right now to fix the problem is a surplus of unemployed people looking for work.

It's also been found that suburbs outside of Detroit have higher than normal levels of lead in their water. Media hides all this because of the cost implications and the work required to make it right. I wouldn't expect any changes until 2024 at the earliest.

TLDR; Flint water crisis started in 2014. New piping system needed to replace current one. Won't happen due to monetary costs. Will be swept under the rug soon and forgotten by everyone nationally.

The work to remove the pipes started over a month ago

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Is it possible that we can see Svechnikov in GR this year and if it is mantha -svechnikov-? Line combo?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sounds like Homer will miss game 7 in the semis tonight. Picked up some knee/leg injury last game. Ehn's Frölunda advanced to the final last night, no points but he's played quite a bit.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Sounds like Homer will miss game 7 in the semis tonight. Picked up some knee/leg injury last game. Ehn's Frölunda advanced to the final last night, no points but he's played quite a bit.

And Skellefteå won in OT, so an interesting final series coming up with the Wings prospects going head to head.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Seasons over for Svechnikov and Hicketts. Both lost in game 7 last night. Svech was in on both CAP goals with 1G 1A. 2 goals, 5 points in the Saint John series.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Has Adam Marsh been playing in the POs at all? Can't remember 100% but I think there was some issues before going into the POs.

No he's done in Saint John apparently, some personality issues + had some kind of off ice incident that resulted in his 3rd concussion of the year. Likely won't play there again.

And Svech.. he's good and I love the way he plays, but he disappeared big time in the 2nd round vs Saint John, know he's capable of more. But he was outplayed by most of the Cape Breton top 9. I think it's a mental thing with him and high pressure games.

His shooting percentage drops from nearly 20% in the regular season to 5% in the playoffs, it's like he has to be tricked in to thinking it's another regular season game and not a playoff game.

He's a hard worker but there is something off, not sure what, mental block maybe. Wish him the best of luck in the Detroit organization, was a pleasure to watch him play for 2 years here.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kicked off two teams now. I think it would take a miracle for the Wings to sign Marsh at this point. Can pretty much write that guy off at this point in my opinion.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was wondering how we got Marsh so late after where he was ranked.

Now it makes sense...

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
It's unfortunate because he's actually got a pretty decent skill set.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hopefully he can get the help he needs and turn it around. Plenty of time left for him.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Ehn wins the SHL championship with Frölunda. 5-3 win in game 5, 8:19 ice time. 1 assist in 15 playoff games. Holmström missed the final series with a knee injury, 2+4 in 10 playoff games prior to that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ehn wins the SHL championship with Frölunda. 5-3 win in game 5, 8:19 ice time. 1 assist in 15 playoff games. Holmström missed the final series with a knee injury, 2+4 in 10 playoff games prior to that.

Frolunda is the team where Hakan Andersson is an advisor or board member correct?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Svechnikov is joining the Griffins today...said he'll practice with them but probably won't get into a game til the next round

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Frolunda is the team where Hakan Andersson is an advisor or board member correct?
Yes, though I'm not sure what his exact job really is.

--

Just found an interview with Andersson about drafting Ehn. Here are some points...

- Of the players we had left on our list, he was the best among both Europeans and North Americans. Before the draft he was in our top ten list of players in Europe we wanted. (Note: Picked #106 overall, was 89th Euro on the CSS Final list)

- At the U18 WC, he was tired and washed out, and made no more noise. But for me it did not do matter because I had seen him during the season and was impressed.

During the draft in Philadelphia, representatives from other clubs came up and congratulated on the pick.
- Four, five other clubs also liked him, which was fun to hear. And on the plane on the way home, I spoke with Filip Ahl (forward for HV71's J20) who said: "It was you who drafted Ehn, huh? He's tough to play against, I do not like to face him at all!" and that's a good thing.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I always liked Ehn as a prospect. I trust Hakan and like it when he picks these guys out of nowhere. Still Ehn has a long road to the NHL. I hope he manages the journey

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Joren Van Pottelberghe will be playing for HC Davos next year, curious to hear if he will be the starting goalie or if it will be Gilles Senn (a rookie too if I'm not mistaken) starting. Leonardo Genoni, this year's starter, isn't on next year's.

Dick Axelsson, former Red Wings' draft pick, is also on the team.

Does anybody have insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad