Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Frk getting hot at right time. I think he is the typical trade bait Holland likes to sell for a rental.

Yeah he's going to look good on another team's fourth line plus second power play compared to Tyutin making our already "amazing" blue line "even better."

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
It’s strange how similar Frk and Nestraysil’s minor league careers have been. Both showing next to nothing until their final waiver free years. Wonder if Frk will have the same fate

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Holway traded to Sioux City. From the top team to last place with about 15 games left in the regular season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Holway traded to Sioux City. From the top team to last place with about 15 games left in the regular season.

Can anyone open this? Good or bad for him?

If he was some 7th D there, probably good to get more minutes on a bad team?

And that Zuhlsdorf guy? What position does he play?

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Svechnikov with 29 and 30....last one being a shorty

He's on pace for 84 points this year if he played 55, which is only 6 more then last year, I was hoping he would light it up a bit more this year but I have not had the chance to see him play just the odd highlight. So points aside, how does he look this year compared to last? I've heard more effort with more consistency? How do his offence skills and skating look...I've heard holland wanted him to work on his first few steps? Any info is appreciated people, thanks.

I was rooting Conner was going to fall for us and we could pick him, and looking back at this year, I wish that happened.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He's on pace for 84 points this year if he played 55, which is only 6 more then last year, I was hoping he would light it up a bit more this year but I have not had the chance to see him play just the odd highlight. So points aside, how does he look this year compared to last? I've heard more effort with more consistency? How do his offence skills and skating look...I've heard holland wanted him to work on his first few steps? Any info is appreciated people, thanks.

I was rooting Conner was going to fall for us and we could pick him, and looking back at this year, I wish that happened.

Well, he's been more consistent this season and he's been playing center nearly exclusively this season and has some grit. I'd say he's doing really well.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Hicketts : 52 points in 52 games, +29 while being C.

Turgeon : 60 points in 63 games, +6 while being C.

Two of my most followed prospects are doing great this year. Glad to see that Turgeon took the next step offensively. I have high hopes for him.

Will they both play in GR next year?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hicketts : 52 points in 52 games, +29 while being C.

Turgeon : 60 points in 63 games, +6 while being C.

Two of my most followed prospects are doing great this year. Glad to see that Turgeon took the next step offensively. I have high hopes for him.

They should both be in GR, *hopefully*

I like the jump, in Turgeon's production, specifically goals (10 > 18 > 30), but he's still not having as good a season as Nastasiuk's last season in Juniors, and Nastasiuk has spent more time in the ECHL than AHL this year.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Yes they will turn pro, with either GR or Toledo. I think both would be depth guys for GR, so it's possible that one or both start in Toledo similar to Nastasiuk this year. Turgeon and Nastasiuk are actually quite similar and will probably be battling for similar roles in the coming years.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes they will turn pro, with either GR or Toledo. I think both would be depth guys for GR, so it's possible that one or both start in Toledo similar to Nastasiuk this year. Turgeon and Nastasiuk are actually quite similar and will probably be battling for similar roles in the coming years.

Hey Chad, kind of off-topic to this thread, but have you seen much of Jonathan Dahlen?

I know you follow overseas prospects, and he has been a riser in some recent draft rankings. Some have him as a late 1st, and I don't know too much about him.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hey Chad, kind of off-topic to this thread, but have you seen much of Jonathan Dahlen?

I know you follow overseas prospects, and he has been a riser in some recent draft rankings. Some have him as a late 1st, and I don't know too much about him.
I don't see many Allsvenskan games but based on the few I've seen this year and his games in SuperElit last year, I like him. Really a complete player and someone I could see the Wings being interested in. I would guess he's picked in the first half of round 2.

I also like Jesper Bratt, another guy in the Allsvenskan. He's smallish but has grown in the past year and is younger than most other 2016 draftees. Really skilled and actually outproduced A.Nylander last year with AIK U20. Probably picked top-90 but a good U18 WJC could raise his stock.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't see many Allsvenskan games but based on the few I've seen this year and his games in SuperElit last year, I like him. Really a complete player and someone I could see the Wings being interested in. I would guess he's picked in the first half of round 2.

I also like Jesper Bratt, another guy in the Allsvenskan. He's smallish but has grown in the past year and is younger than most other 2016 draftees. Really skilled and actually outproduced A.Nylander last year with AIK U20. Probably picked top-90 but a good U18 WJC could raise his stock.

Thanks!!!

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300

He had a really disappointing U20. The only bright side about this year is that he's almost matched his goals from last year minus ten games.

Connor had an incredible season in the NCAA, but the real test will be next year when both players turn pro.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
He had a really disappointing U20. The only bright side about this year is that he's almost matched his goals from last year minus ten games.

Connor had an incredible season in the NCAA, but the real test will be next year when both players turn pro.

He has also played exclusively at center this year as I understand so he is likely making progress on other areas of his game that are less obvious, like face offs and defensive assignments and covering the entire ice in both zones instead of just one side as a winger. Svech is a prospect I really don't think you can rely entirely on point totals to measure progress this seasons, but rather see what the scouts and fans who watch his games last year and this year have to say.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He has also played exclusively at center this year as I understand so he is likely making progress on other areas of his game that are less obvious, like face offs and defensive assignments and covering the entire ice in both zones instead of just one side as a winger. Svech is a prospect I really don't think you can rely entirely on point totals to measure progress this seasons, but rather see what the scouts and fans who watch his games last year and this year have to say.

Well there's a few things, Svechnikov is playing the on the PK this year which is something he didn't do at all really last year, playing almost exclusively as C (basically Dumont is attempting to groom the finer points of his game... faceoff percentage up to 51.5% from like 45% last year, etc). Though he has been playing as a winger the past 3 games including tonight.

He still isn't an amazing skater or anything, he's never going to be good on international ice in my opinion.

Through 2 periods tonight he has 1G+3A so the offensive production has increased (by roughly .20 PPG) which is solid.

One concern is that, he takes really incredibly dumb selfish penalties sometimes, and the junior coach isn't going to bench evgeny for it, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening at the pro level I'm sure.

All in all, for sure Evgeny has progressed this year, the Eagles are more of a run and gun style offensive team so he's always complimented with high skilled forwards, makes for very fun games to watch.

Definitely the best european player I've had the fortune of watching for the Eagles.

Lazarev is also progressing quite nicely, still think he eventually finds a job somewhere in the NHL, maybe someday with his buddy Svech.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Well there's a few things, Svechnikov is playing the on the PK this year which is something he didn't do at all really last year, playing almost exclusively as C (basically Dumont is attempting to groom the finer points of his game... faceoff percentage up to 51.5% from like 45% last year, etc). Though he has been playing as a winger the past 3 games including tonight.

He still isn't an amazing skater or anything, he's never going to be good on international ice in my opinion.

Through 2 periods tonight he has 1G+3A so the offensive production has increased (by roughly .20 PPG) which is solid.

One concern is that, he takes really incredibly dumb selfish penalties sometimes, and the junior coach isn't going to bench evgeny for it, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening at the pro level I'm sure.

All in all, for sure Evgeny has progressed this year, the Eagles are more of a run and gun style offensive team so he's always complimented with high skilled forwards, makes for very fun games to watch.

Definitely the best european player I've had the fortune of watching for the Eagles.

Lazarev is also progressing quite nicely, still think he eventually finds a job somewhere in the NHL, maybe someday with his buddy Svech.

:handclap: Thanks for the write-up!

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

Great info, thanks!

But when people say that his skating isn't amazing, does that translate to bad skater? I've only really watched his highlights, so couldn't tell. But are there any NHL comparables when it comes to skating maybe?

And when it comes to selfish penelties, are those because of anger such as slashing a player after getting hit or roughing etc or more like stupid penalties like accidental high sticking, interference etc?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Great info, thanks!

But when people say that his skating isn't amazing, does that translate to bad skater? I've only really watched his highlights, so couldn't tell. But are there any NHL comparables when it comes to skating maybe?

And when it comes to selfish penelties, are those because of anger such as slashing a player after getting hit or roughing etc or more like stupid penalties like accidental high sticking, interference etc?

The skating thing.. honestly I'm not sure.. he gets it done at the junior level but hes not like particularly speedy / lacks acceleration, I think its something that can be worked on though and he's the type of kid who is a hard worker / gym rat so I'll be pulling for him.

Retaliatory type penalties like slashing / roughing, not penalties like low hockey style.

He's just taken a lot of them this year and you know if he can cut that part out of his game it'd be great but then he'll come out and score 2 goals in the next period so it's like you take the good with the bad.

He's very competitive and runs hot during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad