Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
It's funny that's what I saw in Vande Sompel(Rafalski) and we took Saarijarvi instead. Guess it works out either way.

R.e. Vande Sompel, while +/- is often times a bad indicator of an individual's quality of play, the fact that he has 38 points so far this season and is -14 is a pretty weighty statement. I think that Ville has the potential to round out his defensive game to put up more points than he allows opposing players to accumulate.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
R.e. Vande Sompel, while +/- is often times a bad indicator of an individual's quality of play, the fact that he has 38 points so far this season and is -14 is a pretty weighty statement. I think that Ville has the potential to round out his defensive game to put up more points than he allows opposing players to accumulate.
Saajarvi is -13 as well, I think they're very close prospects....hopefully Saajarvi comes out ahead because I think he's the better skater. +/- is pretty much just telling you that they aren't on very good teams. Look up the goaltender stats on the Firebirds and only -13 is kind of impressive in a way.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Saajarvi is -13 as well, I think they're very close prospects....hopefully Saajarvi comes out ahead because I think he's the better skater. +/- is pretty much just telling you that they aren't on very good teams. Look up the goaltender stats on the Firebirds and only -13 is kind of impressive in a way.

Wasn't vili doing almost exceptionally well, before all the flint drama?

He was defenseman of the month in the first month of OHL, so the flint bird drama obviously affected him on the ice aswell. Too bad really

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wasn't vili doing almost exceptionally well, before all the flint drama?

He was defenseman of the month in the first month of OHL, so the flint bird drama obviously affected him on the ice aswell. Too bad really

He was doing pretty well. No D-man in Flint was helped when they traded away the Goalie that started for Team USA at the juniors. Not going to attempt spelling his name off the top of my head.

I am sure the drama hasn't helped, but it is part of learning. The tough times in Flint will likely benefit him down the road in my opinion.

I really hope they sign him, seems less likely with them inking the kid out of Maine though. A really good skater in my opinion that is a big body. Could eventually be a third pairing D-man if he develops right, worth a contract in my opinion.

patekilla

Jun 24, 2012
Florida
Has anyone got any info on Mike McKee haven't heard anything in a while. He's huge and can skate little offensive upside but from what I remember he was solid defensively could be a good banger on the 4th line?

Aug 6, 2012
Not our prospect but Kyle Connor is making Larkin and Eichel's freshman seasons look extremely average. Scary how good this kid is... Jets are lucky.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Has anyone got any info on Mike McKee haven't heard anything in a while. He's huge and can skate little offensive upside but from what I remember he was solid defensively could be a good banger on the 4th line?

When I went to WMU he was nothing more than a 4th line grinder that was not very impressive other than physically and found himself as a healthy scratch often. If he cant cut it playing college hockey I dont have much hope.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I really hope they sign him, seems less likely with them inking the kid out of Maine though. A really good skater in my opinion that is a big body. Could eventually be a third pairing D-man if he develops right, worth a contract in my opinion.
Doesn't he have one more year in college? I would like him to be signed, but then again I felt the same about McNulty.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not our prospect but Kyle Connor is making Larkin and Eichel's freshman seasons look extremely average. Scary how good this kid is... Jets are lucky.
Impressive numbers but worth keeping in mind he's only 5 months younger than Larkin and 2 months younger than Eichel. So they're all basically the same age but Connor is playing at a much, much lower level of competition currently.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Impressive numbers but worth keeping in mind he's only 5 months younger than Larkin and 2 months younger than Eichel. So they're all basically the same age but Connor is playing at a much, much lower level of competition currently.

Who's a few months younger than Connor? Let's draft them. Luke Kunin? Getting prospects like Larkin and Connor in the middle of the first is ridiculous. I'm quite convinced some of these collegiate players are lasting longer in the draft than they should.

Aug 6, 2012

How so? Playing in the same exact league.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'm excited to see Turgeon in Grand Rapids next year. He just scored his 36th goal and 70th point of the year. He has doubled his goal production since last year. Looks like he is proving the Wings right for being so high on him.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

Age aside there are, historically, only a handfull of players that have done what Connor has this year. He is definitely the straw stirring the drink for Michigan this year.

I'll give you it would be more impressive if he were putting up these numbers in a better conference but he is writing himself into the history books as is.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Age aside there are, historically, only a handfull of players that have done what Connor has this year. He is definitely the straw stirring the drink for Michigan this year.

I'll give you it would be more impressive if he were putting up these numbers in a better conference but he is writing himself into the history books as is.

I have been impressed with him the same way I was with Larkin... Eichel nope, not there and not close for me in terms of that level of dominance.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
How so? Playing in the same exact league.
Just in terms of their relative age during their NCAA seasons. Not to take anything away from what Connor is doing, just wouldn't say he makes Eichel's freshman year look average. Eichel did what he did while being almost a full year younger, quite a difference.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Doesn't he have one more year in college? I would like him to be signed, but then again I felt the same about McNulty.

Would seem like McNulty earned a contact with the season he's had.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Would seem like McNulty earned a contact with the season he's had.

I am curious to see if they extend McNulty a contract or not. I haven't watched much of him this season.

I could be wrong, but I think De Haas is a UFA in August. I wonder if he is exploring that route.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I am curious to see if they extend McNulty a contract or not. I haven't watched much of him this season.

I could be wrong, but I think De Haas is a UFA in August. I wonder if he is exploring that route.

The Wings lost McNulty's rights last summer but he still took part in the development camp and was said to be on their radar regardless. But in theory he could sign with anyone at this point.

I think De Haas has another year in college.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I don't think that is correct. He just completed his fourth, post-draft season, which should give him the option to become a UFA later this summer.
Once he goes the college route they have 4 years to sign him since in 12-13 he played in the BCHL
He had one more year of eligibility left

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think that is correct. He just completed his fourth, post-draft season, which should give him the option to become a UFA later this summer.
You're correct but only if he decides to leave school early and isn't then signed by the Wings within 30 days, like case-Schultz. I was assuming he wants to complete his degree since he isn't a high-end prospect, in which case the Wings have time to sign him until he graduates +30 days.

College rights are held until the later of
(a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or
(b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the player is no longer a bona fide college student.

So basically if a players doesn't go to college directly after being drafted, they can become an UFA after their junior season if they wish.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Playoff Homer off on the right foot again, has a goal and three assists so far. His team's rolling, up 3-0 in their series after a couple of comeback wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad