Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Even though Petruzzelli is in his first NCAA season (and still 18yo), am I the only one who is a little bit concerned by his stats and lack of playing time? He was my favourite pick from the 2017 draft.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Even though Petruzzelli is in his first NCAA season (and still 18yo), am I the only one who is a little bit concerned by his stats and lack of playing time? He was my favourite pick from the 2017 draft.

He got smashed when I saw him play in the WJ Showcase. Didn't look quick, fluid or positionally sound.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

It’s pretty scary. His statline showed he sucked in the playoffs but was great in the regular season. Now he is sucking in the regular season

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Filip Larsson is just killing it this year.
GAA: 1.50
Sv%: .942
Leading the USHL in both stats.

I was coming here to ask about him. Has anyone actually watched him play? At times a goalie's numbers can be deceiving based on being a product of the team environment. His stats look amazing though and I want to get excited, but I've literally never even seen him make 1 save, so it's hard to get excited over simply looking at stats. Could we have a late steal on our hands?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Think Larsson will make the WJC team?
Custance just had an article on November 30 with Corey Pronman's opinion of our prospect's chances, seems he likes Lindstrom and Larsson's chances the best and sees Larsson as the backup for Sweden.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Setkov should be a lock for DEN although he has some kind of illness right now. Lindström likely for SWE & Larsson could be their backup. Kotkansalo has a chance with FIN even though their D is really strong, but the coach seems to like him a lot. Then you have Rasmussen & Cholowski possible for CAN.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Setkov should be a lock for DEN although he has some kind of illness right now. Lindström likely for SWE & Larsson could be their backup. Kotkansalo has a chance with FIN even though their D is really strong, but the coach seems to like him a lot. Then you have Rasmussen & Cholowski possible for CAN.

I think Petruzzelli is likely the third goalie on Team USA. Plus I really believe our draft pick is playing in this in his draft year more than likely, hopefully Dahlin!

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

At least they're fighting for jobs. It'd be nice if Rasmussen could sneak on somehow. I'd like to see him against top competition with top teammates. Would make me feel better if he showed some good playmaking in a tournament like this. We'll see.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At least they're fighting for jobs. It'd be nice if Rasmussen could sneak on somehow. I'd like to see him against top competition with top teammates. Would make me feel better if he showed some good playmaking in a tournament like this. We'll see.

If hes not there this year, I'm sure he'll play a pretty big role next year. A scout was saying on the team Canada thread that he doesnt think Rasmussen will make it this year but that hes heard Choolowski looks really good. It would be nice to wacth both but even watching one wings prospect on Canada will be nice for a change

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think Petruzzelli is likely the third goalie on Team USA. Plus I really believe our draft pick is playing in this in his draft year more than likely, hopefully Dahlin!
Petruzzelli didn't make it: USA preliminary roster set Not surprised to be honest, he hasn't had a great year so far and only played in 5 games.

Lindström & Larsson made the SWE preliminary roster:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Rasmussen not even invited to camp...wow, that's concerning.

Meanwhile Batherson (4th round) and Steenbergen (6th round) got the invite. That's not a good sign at all. This only reinforces how bad of a pick it really was.

Not even invited to camp....:help:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Meanwhile Batherson (4th round) and Steenbergen (6th round) got the invite. That's not a good sign at all. This only reinforces how bad of a pick it really was.

Edit - Being dinged up the few weeks leading up to the team being named definitely had to factor in pretty heavy, as Ezekiel pointed out. Some experts weren’t sure he’d be selected to the final roster even if healthy (Button + Pronman), but he for sure would have at least made the preliminary roster if he wasn’t banged up you have to figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Not the end of the world, especially since he’s clearly not 100%.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Rasmussen was still recovering from surgery when he picked up two other unrelated injuries. Guys not been fit for much of the season, and isn't fit at the mo. Can't see how they could call him up.

As for comparisons, Steenbergen may have been a 6th rounder, but his line is the most dominant line in the CHL by a country mile at the moment.

Aleksi Heponiemi (F) 28 games 19 50 69
Tyler Steenbergen (F) 27 games 35 goals 26 assists 61 points
Glenn Gawdin (F) 28 games 24 32 56

You can't not pick the guy eligible out of these 3...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Petruzzelli didn't make it: USA preliminary roster set Not surprised to be honest, he hasn't had a great year so far and only played in 5 games.

Lindström & Larsson made the SWE preliminary roster:

Yeah he hasn't had a very good year, but I thought he had a big summer and might still have the job.

It is funny that USA Hockey doesn't even know where Kieffer Bellows is playing hockey these days in this press release.:rolleyes::( Looks like the same thing with Mittlestadt...

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

He's not an elite talent.
Funny thing is, I think he's going to be better than I originally thought, once he gets to the NHL.
But man, I'm still not happy about this pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad