GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings 10:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Some weird cap rules force now for these actions. Ryan Martin should give us more info.

Franzen LTIR should give us 3.9M in more cap space, but somehow that is not happening.

Our all contracts without any IR's are only 1.3M over the real cap, so why isn't that Franzen room usable at the moment?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Some weird cap rules force now for these actions. Ryan Martin should give us more info.

Franzen LTIR should give us 3.9M in more cap space, but somehow that is not happening.

Our all contracts without any IR's are only 1.3M over the real cap, so why isn't that Franzen room usable at the moment?

Sounds like they screwed up royally by having Pavel on LTIR to start the season. If you do that, evidently it whacks your overage off of your annual cap number. Which is stupid. But that's what everyone (Malik, wiim) seems to be saying. Mule wasn't on LTIR but Pavel was.

Teams with LTIRs generally get under the cap with those players before opening night so as to avoid this kind of issue. Not sure if it was Martin or KH or someone else that screwed it up, but it looks like whoever it was did a peach of a job screwing the entire cap for the season.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
But who is out?

I guess it's AM. Sigh.

nvm, seems they haven't decided. if he sits Ericsson I will be incredibly happy. AM I will be pissed. Smith will be indifference.
KQ would be a good deadline move, he frees up salary for an incoming move, we have a replacement in AM, plus we get an asset back. I think hes played well the this season and last though.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Sounds like they screwed up royally by having Pavel on LTIR to start the season. If you do that, evidently it whacks your overage off of your annual cap number. Which is stupid. But that's what everyone (Malik, wiim) seems to be saying. Mule wasn't on LTIR but Pavel was.

Teams with LTIRs generally get under the cap with those players before opening night so as to avoid this kind of issue. Not sure if it was Martin or KH or someone else that screwed it up, but it looks like whoever it was did a peach of a job screwing the entire cap for the season.

So for the mathematically challenged, does anyone know what the Wings salary cap is?

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
So for the mathematically challenged, does anyone know what the Wings salary cap is?

All I know is that it isn't as simple as adding the player's aav to the cap ceiling. Unless the team is right at the ceiling you subtract the amount up to the ceiling from the player's aav and then add that to the teams cap number giving you the new cap ceiling. So, Franzen's 3.9 doesn't come off in its entirety.

https://www.hockeyscap.com

This site says 73.2.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
While marchy has been great so far this year, I get it. Smith has been playing pretty good hockey and has put up some points. He's probably at least tradable now. Let him try to build that value before the deadline.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
- Howard in net
- Miller out from PK (was 100% again when he returned for 5 periods)
- Smith-Quincey (as called as kryptonite for each other) prossibly together again
- Back-to-back game

Nice situation for tonights game!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is Marchy out or not? God I hope not. He seems like the glue to finally settle our top 4 in nicely. Sit Kronner he sucks this year.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Howie needs to have his head in this game. He usually is good against LA. No more 3 goal performances please in the 1st period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad