GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings 10:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Schedule loss, it's always a bonus if you get any points out of the back-end of a back-to-back on the road against a good team. Considering we had a winning streak on the road, this loss isn't a big deal.

Just gotta get back to winning again ASAP and avoid losing streaks.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Schedule loss, it's always a bonus if you get any points out of the back-end of a back-to-back on the road against a good team. Considering we had a winning streak on the road, this loss isn't a big deal.

Just gotta get back to winning again ASAP and avoid losing streaks.

Also most teams lost that so that helps us

Just blowout Arizona again

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I was at the game tonight. It looked to me like the wings were a little better than the kings in the first and third but got dominated in the second. They had better chances overall too. As Babs liked to say "the puck just didn't go our way". Chalk it up as a good effort, and not the worst loss considering the schedule. Yea the third goal looked soft and the first one Green should have played the pass, but that's just hockey.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Howard has given absolutely no indication through his play that he should be playing over Mrazek. Had Mrazek been giving the reins at the start of the season as opposed to recently we'd be talking about the Wings having a legitimate Vezina candidate.

At the start of the season both goalies were playing well, and it was absolutely the right decision to split the playing time and see who took the #1 spot. Then both goalies took a dip in form, Mrazek has recovered and is back on top form and Howard hasn't.

Mrazek is now the clear #1, that wasn't the case in October or November.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Valiant effort from the boys I thought. Man, poor Howard (or better poor Wings fans), he looked so shaky stopping pucks, handling the puck, everything. It may be zoning into Mrazek's game, getting comfortable watching him for a string of games that Howard just doesn't fit. He must lay awake at night thinking "Where did this kid Mrazek come from!?":laugh:.

Kopitar with 4 points, crazy. LA played hard though we had our moments of control. You can't say the Wings didn't lay it all on the line and at least it was entertaining.

Kronner's weak attempt to poke the puck on King at the end, that was pathetic. If anything dive and take out his legs. A penalty is less embarrassing than what we had to witness.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Just watched the highlights on NHL.com, commentary went something like this:

"Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar...Kopitar..."

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Tough loss. Still think we have to consider sending Howard away for Defensive upgrades. Can't keep a 5M/year backup.

And seriously....how do they judge first and second assists on a broken play that was, at best, an unassisted goal?

It's like being in Pittsburgh where assists are handed out like Pez.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
In other words, get rid of Nyquist. He is by far the softest player on the team, and probably the softest player the team has seen in a long time. Its too bad we just didnt pay Hudler/Filppula what the were worth. I'd take either of them over Nyquist in a heartbeat.

He is one of the softest/weakest players on the puck in the entire league.

ahem I disagree

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Valiant effort from the boys I thought. Man, poor Howard (or better poor Wings fans), he looked so shaky stopping pucks, handling the puck, everything. It may be zoning into Mrazek's game, getting comfortable watching him for a string of games that Howard just doesn't fit. He must lay awake at night thinking "Where did this kid Mrazek come from!?":laugh:.

Kopitar with 4 points, crazy. LA played hard though we had our moments of control. You can't say the Wings didn't lay it all on the line and at least it was entertaining.

Kronner's weak attempt to poke the puck on King at the end, that was pathetic. If anything dive and take out his legs. A penalty is less embarrassing than what we had to witness.

Trade Kronner and Howard before it's too late for a dman

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Kopitar wrister from the top of the circle, screened by Lucic.
Howard did everything to hide behind Lucic. Not a clear soft goal, but a clear semi soft goal.
An alright effort on a B2B against a team like the kings. We probably come away with a point if Howard manages a save on that 3rd goal.

Regroup and finish this roadtrip strong.
This is correct.
I can't blame Jimmy for the loss. This felt like a scheduled loss.
I think we all expected the loss, due to BTB and other factors. I hoped Howard would play great, but he did not.
I think Howard should play more over Mrazek so he can get back in game shape. Howard is a goalie that needs to play alot, he's too good to be a backup.

We can't risk losing points just to get Howard back into his grove.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
In other words, get rid of Nyquist. He is by far the softest player on the team, and probably the softest player the team has seen in a long time. Its too bad we just didnt pay Hudler/Filppula what the were worth. I'd take either of them over Nyquist in a heartbeat.

He is one of the softest/weakest players on the puck in the entire league.

Because pirouette Filppula was the epitome of toughness....

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Trade Kronner and Howard before it's too late for a dman
"for a dman"? Any d-man? Or you think we can actually get a younger, better d-man than Kronner for Kronner+Howard? Only contending teams would be interested in trading for Kronwall and they would only want to give up prospects/picks. Howard could return a bit more but not the top-pairing d-man we're looking for.
Kronnor for some reason is gonna get the retirement treatment. No idea why either
What is this I don't even... he is still our best d-man, that's why.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I think Howard should play more over Mrazek so he can get back in game shape. Howard is a goalie that needs to play alot, he's too good to be a backup.

I'd rather make the playoffs than worry about Howard getting in game shape. Mrazek is a much better goalie already than Howard. He gives us a chance to win every night. For every time Howard has given us a chance to win recently he's returned the favor with basically guaranteeing us a loss.

We don't score enough to be able to afford to gamble on a goalie who lets in at least 1 bad goal 80% of the time he gets in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad