GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings 10:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Play like ****; lose

No surprise here. That's what happen when you're a tired team playing against a cup contender on the road.

Was hilarious to see Howard give up a goal on the first shot he faced

Lol, LA is not much better than we are.

They are not the "cup contenders" they used to be.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
howard played pretty well considering he hasn't had much playing time the last few weeks. that 3rd goal was rather weak though.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
An alright effort on a B2B against a team like the kings. We probably come away with a point if Howard manages a save on that 3rd goal.

Regroup and finish this roadtrip strong.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
LA gets the benefit of playing tired teams all the time. There were parts of the second that they dominated, but I thought overall the tired Wings held their own quite well.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Solid response. Thanks for your insightful words.

I watched #14 all game. He looks like a lost little kid out there. Very, very underwhelming. He barely looks like he even fits in the NHL anymore. Let's hope he somehow turns his game around, and goes back to 2014 Nyquist. Right now he is hurting the team more than he is helping in.

Show me 1 good thing he did tonight, and I'll take all this back.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
What is it with this constant ******** on the defense? Can't score any goals? Defense can't move the puck. Too many goals given up? Defense sucks, obviously. Goalie can't make a save? Defense isn't blocking shots.

Is there anything we can blame on the forwards?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What is it with this constant ******** on the defense? Can't score any goals? Defense can't move the puck. Too many goals given up? Defense sucks, obviously. Goalie can't make a save? Defense isn't blocking shots.

Is there anything we can blame on the forwards?

I'll start:

Nyquist last 10 games: zero goals, 2 assists

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014

I watched #14 all game. He looks like a lost little kid out there. Very, very underwhelming. He barely looks like he even fits in the NHL anymore. Let's hope he somehow turns his game around, and goes back to 2014 Nyquist. Right now he is hurting the team more than he is helping in.

He had more shots that Larkin and Tatar combined. He wasn't good, and has been rather invisible for a couple weeks. But as is the case with most hate posts, it just gets a little old.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I think Howard should play more over Mrazek so he can get back in game shape. Howard is a goalie that needs to play alot, he's too good to be a backup.

Completely disagree.

This is Mrazek's team. I'm not blaming the loss on Howard. However, that 3rd Kings goal needs to be saved. Regardless, Mrazek is our goalie. I'm not even anti-Howard, it's just evident that Mrazek is the goalie that gives this team a better shot at winning.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I think Howard should play more over Mrazek so he can get back in game shape. Howard is a goalie that needs to play alot, he's too good to be a backup.

Sure thing but I believe Mrazek holds the edge in performance.

Also, he should've had that 3rd goal.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

It's you telling that to me? Your comments on him are - night in, night out - plain stupid. I don't even argue that he sucks and needs to play much better right now.
But even him making the one or other good play won't change anything about your post-game "observations". And that's annoying.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND

Howard has given absolutely no indication through his play that he should be playing over Mrazek. Had Mrazek been giving the reins at the start of the season as opposed to recently we'd be talking about the Wings having a legitimate Vezina candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad