GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers - 4:00pm EST 11/5/2017

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ken Daniels just said something along the lines of Blash is going to play the guys that are playing hard.

Give me an NHL contract and 20 minutes a game, I will skate harder then anyone out there!
I didn't even realize that Abdelkader and Glendening play hard night in and out. Maybe Glenny does but Abdelkader meh.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Seems like the game plan against Edmonton today was to shutdown the McDavid line. That's the purpose of putting Larkin with Glenda and Abdelkader. I can't imagine these are the standard lines going forward, though.
I get the thinking behind shutting down the McDavid line but swapping Nielsen for Larkin is questionable. Leave the kid line together, Nielsen is very defensively sound and a pretty good skater himself.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We're collapsing the D well tonight. Especially on McDavid. Seems shut him down you shutdown the Oilers. They're a 1 line team right now.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
You know AA's agent is going to be calling demanding an assist be added on that goal.

One might get added on when they review all scoring plays later. Mantha got an assist added the following morning of AAs goal in Florida. I think the Edmonton player made a play on it so they might say AA lost possession and wasn't part of the scoring play.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Looks like Todd McLellan moved McDavid away from Larkin's line. Took him nearly two periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad