GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers - 4:00pm EST 11/5/2017

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Anyone thinking about draft position 10-15 games into the season is off their rocker. Right now the best thing is winning and individual players having good years. Mrazek, Green, Mantha, Larkin, etc.
Plenty of time for losing in the 2nd half if it comes to it.

Nice game. Edmonton looks bad.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Anyone thinking about draft position 10-15 games into the season is off their rocker. Right now the best thing is winning and individual players having good years. Mrazek, Green, Mantha, Larkin, etc.
Plenty of time for losing in the 2nd half if it comes to it.

Nice game. Edmonton looks bad.

I think after 4 weeks we can gather some impression of where teams are at, what obstacles they're facing, etc. Detroit has proven so far they aren't as completely destitute as some (like myself) guessed they would look. Take Edmonton... how do you get Talbot hot again, depth guys like Caggiula to produce again, or Lucic not to perform like a flaming pylon? They've got some problems no doubt.

I stand by my prediction the Wings finish bottom 5 but the one thing I didn't consider before the season started is how poorly managed and coached a lot of teams are. This sounds crazy but the NHL sorta sucks! :laugh:

Reactions: taylorjonl

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
There's no way we finish outside of the bottom 10. We're more likely to finish 2nd last than the first to finish with a wildcard berth imo. Our schedule had been a cakewalk outside of that one week, playing Tampa, wash, toronto, etc (which we lost every game)

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Maybe this is the beginning of a turn-around? I am not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
There's no way we finish outside of the bottom 10. We're more likely to finish 2nd last than the first to finish with a wildcard berth imo. Our schedule had been a cakewalk outside of that one week, playing Tampa, wash, toronto, etc (which we lost every game)

I agree we won't be better than bottom 10 but I have a hard time believing we will be bottom 5. We have to compete with the perennial bottom dwellers:

Arizona
Buffalo
Carolina
Edmonton
Florida

I think Edmonton gets out of the bottom 5 before the end of the year. But then you have some other teams that look like they may be having a bad year, so...

I think we pick between 6-9 unless we get lucky with the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad