GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks - 10 PM EST - FSD(free on NHL.com)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They only seem to have the one set play for the PP
They did until Fabbri joined the team. Not sure why they went right back to shooting from the blue line. It's one thing to get a nice backdoor slapper from the circle, but a long distance wrister from the blue line isn't going in unless someone tips it or completely screens the goalie.

At least Larkin was able to knock in the rebound since it was 6 on 3. I bet they don't practice that too often.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Do you guys think Mickey imploded on his couch at home while he simultaneously experienced the joy of watching an OT win and the agony of seeing Cholo snipe a goal off the “wrong” foot...or do you think he survived?!?

Last edited:

NC Wings Phan

LGW: gcom007
May 2, 2019
Charlotte, NC
I mean, it's such a long season. It's okay to have wins like this. It's pretty unlikely that they've turned into a completely different team or something, so the tank isn't really off.

I still don’t know what to think about this team. I was back on the tank train last week but I never thought they should be as bad as they’ve been. Obviously Fabbri’s elevated our skill level which is helping, but we’re also getting better goaltending from Bernier right now than the crippling goaltending we’ve gotten from Howard. I don’t really trust either to keep it up or get it together though, so I do fear the “long season” of mediocrity may continue, but who knows. We keep playing like this, maybe Yzerman goes and finds a goalie? A couple other RFA gambles couldn’t hurt either, and who knows, maybe we’ll see some Griffins make it up this year and make a difference if the team looks a bit more legit down the stretch? I honestly don’t think the Red Wings are as far from being a playoff team as some think. It’s tough to say, but I don’t think much will come of this season with the current goaltending situation at the very least.

NC Wings Phan

LGW: gcom007
May 2, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Fabbri and Bert and sometime Green when he's not stoned. The rest of the team just flings the puck in the general direction of a teammate.

It’s f***ing embarrassing how utterly terrible our passing looks. I don’t remember it being this bad last year, but I could be wrong. It’s totally f***ing brutal this season in any event.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
It’s ****ing embarrassing how utterly terrible our passing looks. I don’t remember it being this bad last year, but I could be wrong. It’s totally ****ing brutal this season in any event.

Been this way for a while now, tbh. Or, more accurately (no pun intended), it's been getting progressively worse for a while now. We make what should be the simplest of passes look difficult.

Fabbri's always been known as a pretty sharp passer. What a difference a little tape-to-tape prowess makes, eh?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This Fabbri trade is looking completely brilliant thus far and I don’t think it’s an early fluke. He’s a smart player. If they use him right, he’ll continue to make a big impact.
You gotta wonder about Armstrong sometimes even though he won a Cup, this trade and the TJ Oshie trade are couple of the most lopsided trades I;ve seen.

Also wondering why another team didn't offer up more than a 4th line center. Kid's realgud, lots of heart and balls to go along with skill and speed. Other than the injury history, there's a lot to like.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This Fabbri trade is looking completely brilliant thus far and I don’t think it’s an early fluke. He’s a smart player. If they use him right, he’ll continue to make a big impact.

Calling it “brilliant” feels weird when the very fact that it was possible leads me to believe there was luck and/or psychosis involved. Don’t want to take anything away from Steve - it’s possible he worked his ass off to root out this trade and I loved it from the moment I found out - but it’s just so obviously a move you make 10 times out of 10 if you’re in our position.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I still don’t know what to think about this team. I was back on the tank train last week but I never thought they should be as bad as they’ve been. Obviously Fabbri’s elevated our skill level which is helping, but we’re also getting better goaltending from Bernier right now than the crippling goaltending we’ve gotten from Howard. I don’t really trust either to keep it up or get it together though, so I do fear the “long season” of mediocrity may continue, but who knows. We keep playing like this, maybe Yzerman goes and finds a goalie? A couple other RFA gambles couldn’t hurt either, and who knows, maybe we’ll see some Griffins make it up this year and make a difference if the team looks a bit more legit down the stretch? I honestly don’t think the Red Wings are as far from being a playoff team as some think. It’s tough to say, but I don’t think much will come of this season with the current goaltending situation at the very least.
Stevie signed Pickard as a backup plan. I think he did it with the intent of trading Howie at the deadline, but at this point it'll be better to just send Howie down and bring Pickard up sooner than later. Howie no longer has any trade value.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad