GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks - 10 PM EST - FSD(free on NHL.com)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You gotta wonder about Armstrong sometimes even though he won a Cup, this trade and the TJ Oshie trade are couple of the most lopsided trades I;ve seen.

Also wondering why another team didn't offer up more than a 4th line center. Kid's realgud, lots of heart and balls to go along with skill and speed. Other than the injury history, there's a lot to like.
He wanted him to succeed, he wanted to help him save his career.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Overall not a super exciting game until the 3rd period when it picked up.

-What is Getzlaf's issue with Mantha, he did nothing? Was yelling at Getzlaf to just go sit on the bench and shut up most of the night.
-Ken Daniels constantly talking about Getzlaf was super annoying, like shut up about this guy, he is one of the 2 or 3 most hated Ducks ever for Wings fans.
-The ref clearly had no idea where the puck was, yet he doesn't even intend on blowing the whistle, what a joke of a goal against.
-While I hate that Blashill challenged the 2nd one (clearly a good goal), I sort of understand why he did it, with the joke of a goal just moments earlier. I think he was just trying to kill any Duck momentum he could and I say that as a non Blashill fan.
-Thought even without the goal, that Cholowski looked very good, especially offensively tonight as he was jumping in and moving the puck nicely.
-Wasn't impressed with Bertuzzi's effort tonight, there were a number of plays where he just wasn't moving his legs at all and plays went nowhere.
-Bowey continues to make odd plays, like his pass in the first to Filppula or Nielsen from near our net to our blueline with his intended receiver clearly covered inside our zone.
-May not be popular opinion but I honestly don't like Osgood as commentator or studio guy. He honestly doesn't have it, and isn't entertaining to listen to at all. He also keeps saying the same things, and then inserting different players names in. Example: When Mantha moves his feet, that is when he is at his best. Then he will say, when so and so does this, that is when he is at his best. He did that at least 5-6 times tonight with different players. He also way over does the lower tier players performances, guys like Perlini, Ehn, Biega, and of course either goalie for either team and so on. To me he seems like a guy who doesn't really know what to say and just says cliche hockey things.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
mantha just missed at least 3 times last night . ducks know what a monster he is thats why they sicked getzlaf on him all night . blash should have sicked wrath and smith back on getzlaf all nite

Reactions: 14ari13

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Also wondering why another team didn't offer up more than a 4th line center. Kid's realgud, lots of heart and balls to go along with skill and speed. Other than the injury history, there's a lot to like.
I don't think there's many teams out there that felt they could actually give Fabbri a real opportunity. This is one "benefit" of being a bad team, you can gamble on these players like Perlini/Fabbri and give them some actual icetime and see who works out. And looking at Fabbri's last 2 seasons, who would give up a good asset for him? Really good work by Yzerman to get the trade done, but I think from the Blues/Armstrong's side this was a way to get any value out of Fabbri at all instead of waiving him (which they might have done otherwise to try and give Fabbri an opportunity elsewhere).

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Fabbri with the assist on the OT winner. Dude is clutch af.
Dabura kicking up his heels last night at his B-Day party just moments after Cholo scored in OT...Kinda wished he'd tuck in his colostomy bag...

source.gif

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I like Hronek but I also like Nemeth.

How did AA and Philpula end up -22 and -14?
It is very bad.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I still don’t know what to think about this team. I was back on the tank train last week but I never thought they should be as bad as they’ve been. Obviously Fabbri’s elevated our skill level which is helping, but we’re also getting better goaltending from Bernier right now than the crippling goaltending we’ve gotten from Howard. I don’t really trust either to keep it up or get it together though, so I do fear the “long season” of mediocrity may continue, but who knows. We keep playing like this, maybe Yzerman goes and finds a goalie? A couple other RFA gambles couldn’t hurt either, and who knows, maybe we’ll see some Griffins make it up this year and make a difference if the team looks a bit more legit down the stretch? I honestly don’t think the Red Wings are as far from being a playoff team as some think. It’s tough to say, but I don’t think much will come of this season with the current goaltending situation at the very least.
An elite defenseman should be our top priority.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still don’t know what to think about this team. I was back on the tank train last week but I never thought they should be as bad as they’ve been. Obviously Fabbri’s elevated our skill level which is helping, but we’re also getting better goaltending from Bernier right now than the crippling goaltending we’ve gotten from Howard. I don’t really trust either to keep it up or get it together though, so I do fear the “long season” of mediocrity may continue, but who knows. We keep playing like this, maybe Yzerman goes and finds a goalie? A couple other RFA gambles couldn’t hurt either, and who knows, maybe we’ll see some Griffins make it up this year and make a difference if the team looks a bit more legit down the stretch? I honestly don’t think the Red Wings are as far from being a playoff team as some think. It’s tough to say, but I don’t think much will come of this season with the current goaltending situation at the very least.
It's just a nice little winning streak. It's like a drowning person being able to gather some strength and come up for a few breaths, it doesn't mean he'll be able to swim to shore.

That said, this team should be able to be more competitive than they were before these last few games. They shouldn't lose every game by 4-5 goals. With the addition of Fabbri, with AA starting to get going, when we get Dekeyser back, and if we bring up Svechnikov full time, we could be a little more respectable. Next season could be really exciting if we have Seider up full time, as well as Zadina, Rasmussen, and hopefully someone we draft really high in 2020.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Also Fil has been really good.

I agree. The difference between him and Nielsen is significant IMO. I don't know whether it's regression by Nielsen or just that Flip is that much better, but it's pretty blatant regardless. Sad that Nielsen is now nothing more than a $5 million dollar (3rd highest paycheck on the team) 4th line and PK center. Even more sad that Glendening (5 years younger) is the same player or better at $1.8 million, or 34% of what Nielsen makes with 1 less season of term. I can't imagine that many of the younger guys battling for spots have much respect for a vet that walked into that sort of desperate money. It wouldn't shock me to see him moved, even at a loss, for that very reason. The new GM sending a message about the relationship between performance and reward wouldn't surprise me since the country club days are now clearly in the rearview.

Reactions: KJoe88

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
mantha just missed at least 3 times last night . ducks know what a monster he is thats why they sicked getzlaf on him all night . blash should have sicked wrath and smith back on getzlaf all nite
Wrath tried to get at Getzlaugh a few times but he hid behind the refs.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
DeKayser is getting real close no?

Two weeks are up and thursday's game is coming. He might play tomorrow no?

:key: :lock:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad