GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks - 10 PM EST - FSD(free on NHL.com)

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Dabura kicking up his heels last night at his B-Day party just moments after Cholo scored in OT...Kinda wished he'd tuck in his colostomy bag...

source.gif

YOLO

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
It's just a nice little winning streak. It's like a drowning person being able to gather some strength and come up for a few breaths, it doesn't mean he'll be able to swim to shore.

Lies. We're pulling a 2018-19 St. Louis Blues and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Realgud

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I agree. The difference between him and Nielsen is significant IMO. I don't know whether it's regression by Nielsen or just that Flip is that much better, but it's pretty blatant regardless. Sad that Nielsen is now nothing more than a $5 million dollar (3rd highest paycheck on the team) 4th line and PK center. Even more sad that Glendening (5 years younger) is the same player or better at $1.8 million, or 34% of what Nielsen makes with 1 less season of term. I can't imagine that many of the younger guys battling for spots have much respect for a vet that walked into that sort of desperate money. It wouldn't shock me to see him moved, even at a loss, for that very reason. The new GM sending a message about the relationship between performance and reward wouldn't surprise me since the country club days are now clearly in the rearview.

Agreed. I was on board with Nielsen being signed, but compared to Fil he really is very underwhelming and not nearly as good.

Fil was for the most part an increment part of our success in the past. I know he had inconsistencies when it came to shooting the puck and sometimes would cough up opportunities to score, but he was a solid 2C. I think we tend to forget that. If it wasn’t for Babcock creating a rift I wonder how much better he would’ve been. iirc he didn’t re-sign here because of him.

That said I’ve been pleasantly surprised

Reactions: avssuc

NC Wings Phan

LGW: gcom007
May 2, 2019
Charlotte, NC
It's just a nice little winning streak. It's like a drowning person being able to gather some strength and come up for a few breaths, it doesn't mean he'll be able to swim to shore.

That said, this team should be able to be more competitive than they were before these last few games. They shouldn't lose every game by 4-5 goals. With the addition of Fabbri, with AA starting to get going, when we get Dekeyser back, and if we bring up Svechnikov full time, we could be a little more respectable. Next season could be really exciting if we have Seider up full time, as well as Zadina, Rasmussen, and hopefully someone we draft really high in 2020.

Totally. The 4-5 goal losses were ridiculous. This team definitely needs to learn how to pass too.

And speaking of Svech, here’s a Photoshop contribution I made over on LGW. I’d like it to be more relevant again as well.

Attachments

• 056943A2-4DBC-4238-9018-D279832C3F0C.jpeg
    056943A2-4DBC-4238-9018-D279832C3F0C.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: waltdetroit

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I fell asleep down 2-0 in the 2nd. Woke up with about a minute left in the 3rd to see us tie it with the 6 on 3. Immediately passed out again as Cholo won it. Talk about timing.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Nielsen vs. Sheahan battle from this season.

Riley Sheahan, Edmonton, 15 games, 0+0=0 points, -9 plusminus, 13 shots. 11:49 avg IT.
Frans Nielsen, Detroit, 16 games, 0+0=0 points, -6 plusminus, 22 shots. 13:20 avg IT.

The difference:

One makes 900,000 and the other makes 5.25 million.

I have a feeling that Yzerman will seriously consider buying Nielsen out.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The difference:

One makes 900,000 and the other makes 5.25 million.

I have a feeling that Yzerman will seriously consider buying Nielsen out.

Because of his salary structure his cap hit for the next two years would be $3.4m and $4.4m. Just bury him in GR at that point and not have those extra two years of dead salary tacked on. Or see if he's dinged up enough to go the LTIR route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad