Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ Ottawa: The Return of #11

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Anyone that does an Alfie chant at the 11:11 mark is an absolute moron. He's an opposing player and we need to getting behind OUR players, not the opposition. Christ

I have no problem with people cheering him during the tribute, but I agree about the Alfie chant being ridiculous. It seems like half our fans are bigger Alfredsson fans than the actual Senators.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Shawn McKenzie ‏@ShawnMcKenzieSN 30 Nov
The consensus in the Sens room today is that they expect and hope Alfredsson gets a warm reception on Sunday.

Marc Dumont ‏@Dr_Habs 38m
@ian_mendes Not a Sens fan, but as an Ottawnan I can attest to how many summers he delayed his vacations to stay here & help with charity.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Maybe people can empathize with Alfredsson's 'choice' now that the Sens have shown they are clearly not going to win the Stanley Cup.

I'll never understand the bitterness though; the facts simply aren't there to support that kind of an attitude.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Anyone that does an Alfie chant at the 11:11 mark is an absolute moron. He's an opposing player and we need to getting behind OUR players, not the opposition. Christ

What are you 10 yrs old? I pay my money I'll do whatever I want & you can go **** yourself. I`m so sick of people always trying to tell other people what they should or should not do, mind your own ****ing business ********.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have no problem with people cheering him during the tribute, but I agree about the Alfie chant being ridiculous. It seems like half our fans are bigger Alfredsson fans than the actual Senators.

Agreed. Once the game starts, it's all about supporting our Senators.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Anyone that boos Alffy will regret it. This guy has been everything for 17 years and youo're going to let one presser flush that?

Don't flush a great opportunity to let him know what he meant.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm pretty sure, and I hope they cheer.

There will be a few boo birds for sure, but I really really hope people cheer.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
To me, he's just another old journeymen grasping for a cup. I'd neither boo nor cheer him, like I would with Iginla or Jagr. Why care about somebody who clearly doesn't care about you?

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
People will both cheer and boo him. If it follows the pattern of past ex-Sens, he'll be cheered at the beginning and booed throughout the game.

That being said, this is such a unique situation it's really hard to guess how people are going to react. It also depends how the team plays. I've heard sarcastic 11:11 cheers this season when the team hasn't played well.

TheOriginalSilf*

I'm going to be a bit rattled if Anderson is given the start.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I feel ashamed of being a fan of Ottawa, reading these comments about a man who dedicated 15+ years to this city.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
I know most of the talk has been about Alfie's return and rightfully so, but I'm wondering, does Cowen-Wiercioch draw back in for Boro-Gryba? And does Lehner get the start?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad