Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ Ottawa: The Return of #11

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Senschirp posted what I thought was a great article and I think it should prompt some discussion before tomorrow.

http://senschirp.ca/news/preparing-return-alfredsson/

I'm sure some fans are still angry over the summer debacle, but I hope that no one forgets the 17 years he sacrificed for this team over one decision he has made in regards to his career. I think we took him for granted and that has led us to forget that he's allowed the respect to make his own decisions.

I hope the CTC will stay classy will be loud with cheers for what that man gave us.

In spirit of his return, lets remember some of his best moments.

62484_10153564970995093_32156130_n.jpg

However, on that note, **** the Red Wings and I hope we stomp them.

GO SENS

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
For the love of the giant spaghetti monster in the sky, beat the red wings tomorrow

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I hope to hell the fans cheer...he's the first great player in the modern history of the franchise. To boo/to turn him into a villain would take away from the legend of the Ottawa Senators.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I hope we push him and his stupid team of Olympic divers around like the last game we played against them (I know he didn't play).

Dude doesn't get my respect until he's not playing for a division rival.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Alfie is not worried about his legacy here or what the fans think, therefore I could care less about the return of our former captain that could not lead us where he said he would.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
Do we know the lineups for tomorrow? I really wanna see the Spezza/Ryan combo sooner rather than later.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
meh....somehow, some way, it's going to get screwed up. Either the presentation will be stupid, or we'll lose in a blowout, or the roof will cave in....

This year, all we can guarantee is something will go wrong.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
We don't do well in these emotional-type games. Think Heatley's return, Cooke, Richardson's daughter. Plus this season has been a disaster already.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
And break up our best line? No thanks.

Seriously the turris line hasn't been that great 5 on 5 for the last 7 - 9 games or so and Spezza/Ryan combo could even be better. Why a not try it out for a few games, its not like it'll hurt us.

TheOriginalSilf*

Seriously the turris line hasn't been that great 5 on 5 for the last 7 - 9 games or so and Spezza/Ryan combo could even be better. Why a not try it out for a few games, its not like it'll hurt us.

That line has been far better than any other line for us and on a consistent basis.

We tried the Spezza/Ryan combo. It didn't work. And yes, it very much could hurt us.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I hope to hell the fans cheer...he's the first great player in the modern history of the franchise. To boo/to turn him into a villain would take away from the legend of the Ottawa Senators.

I don't want to hear the fans booing either. Cheering him makes us look like doormats though so I'm hoping people just sit on their hands.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
That line has been far better than any other line for us and on a consistent basis.

We tried the Spezza/Ryan combo. It didn't work. And yes, it very much could hurt us.

Not really, they tried it for 3 games I think when Spezza had a groin injury and wasn't playing well (hes still not playing well) and on top of that Ryan was fresh on the team still coming from the west to east.

All of a sudden our coach puts turris with Ryan they get a nice goal and the coach gets fixated on that line.

Ya but it could do well dude, unless u have a crystal ball and can see the future.

TheOriginalSilf*

Not really, they tried it for 3 games I think when Spezza had a groin injury and wasn't playing well (hes still not playing well) and on top of that Ryan was fresh on the team still coming from the west to east.

All of a sudden our coach puts turris with Ryan they get a nice goal and the coach gets fixated on that line.

Ya but it could do well dude, unless u have a crystal ball and can see the future.

It was more than three games. Try nearly 10. You can make excuses for that line not working, and that line could work out, but it is a pointless endeavor when Turris is our best center right now and has far more chemistry with Ryan.

You're making it sound like that line had one good game/goal and have been garbage ever since. Meanwhile, they've been our only line scoring for the past two months.

As for the "crystal ball" comment, that's a two-way street.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Its scary to break up the turris line . . . but right now they're firing and the team is still losing.

If they break up the line for a few games and still lose are the Sens that much worse off? Perhaps switching things up will give them two lines that can score.

Its a risk, but are the potential benefits worth it? That's what Maclean is paid to determine.

I think its worth a shot, but there's a reason i don't get paid to make these decisions.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
It was more than three games. Try nearly 10. You can make excuses for that line not working, and that line could work out, but it is a pointless endeavor when Turris is our best center right now and has far more chemistry with Ryan.

You're making it sound like that line had one good game/goal and have been garbage ever since. Meanwhile, they've been our only line scoring for the past two months.

As for the "crystal ball" comment, that's a two-way street.

10 games? Lel it wasn't dude. I'm not making excuses at all I'm a die hard sens fan like everyone here...thats just a line that I think will work and it won't hurt if we try it out as Paul's been ****ing with the lines almost every shift at times.

Good, hes our best center right now, do I see that lasting all season? Nope I dont....turris is not in the same leauge as Spezza or the top center's in the leauge. I think hes 2nd center at best.

No, I never said that...all I said is that line hasn't been playing well the last few games or so 5 on 5 and do we really want a 1 line team? I dont spread the wealth around...I hate our coaches decisions this season and that goes all the way up and down the line up.

Not really, u said it won't work and thats why I brought up the "crystal ball"

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If Turris is as good as people here are claiming him to be, he should be able to generate offense with different wingers.

Its worth a shot I think. Its not like Maclean can't put them back together if things don't work . .. although it would need a couple games to find out for sure.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Even before they played their first game together it was thought that Spezza and Ryan wouldn't click because they both play a similar style and run over top of each other.

You could maybe put MacArthur with Spezza to be the puck digger and try Zibanejad as the shooter, but Turris and Ryan are too compatible to break up.

I really wish we had traded any prospect other than Silfverberg for Ryan. He'd probably have been the winger that Spezza could make use of.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I hope we push him and his stupid team of Olympic divers around like the last game we played against them (I know he didn't play).

Dude doesn't get my respect until he's not playing for a division rival.

Yeah, that Datsyuk dove so hard that he'll be missing his 4th consecutive game.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Turris is still not quite strong enough to carry things as a 1c imo. He's still a tweener between 1 and 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad