Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ Ottawa: The Return of #11

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Also, I wouldn't put too much stock into what happens tonight one way or the other. Even if he doesn't get it tonight, he'll get his due when he retires.

I hope our fans cheer him when it's appropriate (tribute video etc) but I want a win first and foremost.

And yes I have my Alfie jersey on :)

That's my thinking as well.

TheOriginalSilf*

I feel ashamed of being a fan of Ottawa, reading these comments about a man who dedicated 15+ years to this city.

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing about the guy at all. I can't wait to get this game over with so we can show our appreciation or dissatisfaction, depending on who you are, and hopefully move on for the time being.

This fan base is far too hung up on Alfie.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
People are entitled to do what they'd like to do, so with that said, it's getting pretty annoying to see the preachy ass media going on about how the only right thing to do is not boo him. Never mind what he said about our team, or the fact he left for a division rival.

Ideally, the Sens will beat the Red Wings, and out of it some sort of catharsis will occur and the team and the fanbase can move on - maybe the team can show it by taking a win and making a streak out of it. A loss here is pretty devastating to our hopes.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Good.

Wier is quietly a half ppg. Good for a second year, and our defence that can't score outside of Karlsson. We need to get someone to play strong defensively on the second pairing with Wier

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
People are entitled to do what they'd like to do, so with that said, it's getting pretty annoying to see the preachy ass media going on about how the only right thing to do is not boo him. Never mind what he said about our team, or the fact he left for a division rival.

Ideally, the Sens will beat the Red Wings, and out of it some sort of catharsis will occur and the team and the fanbase can move on - maybe the team can show it by taking a win and making a streak out of it. A loss here is pretty devastating to our hopes.

That is one thing we desperately need. The whole Alfredsson fiasco is one hell of a huge anchor for this team. We need to cut it loose once and for all. Only a win today will do it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lehner starts. Gryba out. Wier in. Cowen still out.

Love it.

Corvo Wier and Karlsson can all move the puck up ice, and Lehner can cover up for their occasional gaffs.

My guess is we see this:

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Borowiecki - Wiercioch

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Love it.

Corvo Wier and Karlsson can all move the puck up ice, and Lehner can cover up for their occasional gaffs.

My guess is we see this:

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Borowiecki - Wiercioch

I doubt they'll have the two rookies together.
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Boro
Corvo - Wiercioch

TheOriginalSilf*

I doubt they'll have the two rookies together.
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Boro
Corvo - Wiercioch

Bad idea putting Corvo and Wier together.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Wiercioch
Corvo - Borowiecki

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
What are you 10 yrs old? I pay my money I'll do whatever I want & you can go **** yourself. I`m so sick of people always trying to tell other people what they should or should not do, mind your own ****ing business ********.

lol shut your gob you clown.

Anyone that actively cheers for an opposing player during the middle of a game is a joke

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
We need to do the same thing we did last weekend when we beat the Wings. Be physical and take as many runs at the Wings as possible. Make these diving pansy Red Wings pay the price, they're the softest team in the league and can't handle being pushed around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad