Proposal: Detroit - Montreal

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So Detroit is rebuilding? I thought they hadn't given up hope of making the playoffs this year. BTW, they are getting a 29 year-old with multiple 35 goal seasons and a 23 year-old.

:laugh:

Detroit had/has no hope of making the playoffs this year. The majority of the time they spent in the third spot in the Atlantic they had multiple games played over other divisional teams, and they just happened to be lucky enough that the rest of the Atlantic (Besides Tampa and Toronto of course) were sucking even worse than they do. Even if they did make the playoffs, they would get destroyed in the first round.

The only reason they're not fighting for the bottom spot with Buffalo is because of... Mantha and Larkin. Trading either makes zero sense.

Don't care if Max Pac scores 40 goals. Not trying to demean his value for you guys, he just has no value to us. By the time we're competitive again he wont be putting up 35 goals. Detroit and Montreal are bad trading partners, as neither should be trading any young talent or picks.

Coming Home

Tic-tic-tic
May 26, 2016
TN, USA
I agree. It's just that historically, Ken Holland has built his teams around players aged 30+ and this year is no exception. Perhaps he will change his mindset for the future. Today's fast NHL is indeed structured for players who are still too young to shave.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I agree. It's just that historically, Ken Holland has built his teams around players aged 30+ and this year is no exception. Perhaps he will change his mindset for the future. Today's fast NHL is indeed structured for players who are still too young to shave.

This year is an exception. If he tries to pull that garbage he should be fired.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
How about something like this...

Nyquist 4.75
Mrazek 4.00
Ouellet 1.25

For

Galchenyuk 4.90
Juulsen 0.86
Pick (1st?)

Certainly improves Montreal. They are adding 4.25 in cap but have the room. If Mrazek isn’t needed, feel free to rework the deal.

For Detroit, it alleviates the cap issues and shuffles the deck.

Thoughts?
thoughts are 'no' from montreal's pov

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Mantha is only a year younger than Galchenyuk and has shown far less in his career. Talk to me after the season and I'll re-evaluate.

Okay, just a question. Do you believe that Galchenyuk is worth a 4.9mil contract, because that is very key in this valuation.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How about something like this...

Nyquist 4.75
Mrazek 4.00
Ouellet 1.25

For

Galchenyuk 4.90
Juulsen 0.86
Pick (1st?)

Certainly improves Montreal. They are adding 4.25 in cap but have the room. If Mrazek isn’t needed, feel free to rework the deal.

For Detroit, it alleviates the cap issues and shuffles the deck.

Thoughts?
No that's just really bad for the Habs.
I mean
CXhucky>Nyqvist
Juul
Never said that that package wouldn't get either player, I just said that i wouldn't personally do the deal.
Fine We would never offer it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad