How about something like this...

Nyquist 4.75
Mrazek 4.00
Ouellet 1.25

For

Galchenyuk 4.90
Juulsen 0.86
Pick (1st?)

Certainly improves Montreal. They are adding 4.25 in cap but have the room. If Mrazek isn’t needed, feel free to rework the deal.

For Detroit, it alleviates the cap issues and shuffles the deck.

Thoughts?

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Montreal doesn't need another goalie, especially an expensive backup heading into RFA. Is Nyquist really an improvement over Galchenyuk? And I'm sure Montreal would rather see what they have in Juulsen than trade him and a first for something that doesn't really improve the team

Reactions: Reeps

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Unsure. I thought I read somewhere that Mrazek to Montreal might be of interest. If I’m off base, what’s a fair deal with Mrazek removed. As a wings fan, I don’t even want to deal Mrazek til he value rebounds. Maybe not at all.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
How about something like this...

Nyquist 4.75
Mrazek 4.00
Ouellet 1.25

For

Galchenyuk 4.90
Juulsen 0.86
Pick (1st?)

Certainly improves Montreal. They are adding 4.25 in cap but have the room. If Mrazek isn’t needed, feel free to rework the deal.

For Detroit, it alleviates the cap issues and shuffles the deck.

Thoughts?
As a Wings fan i would do it, Galchenyuk is an upgrade over Nyquist and i wouldn't mind Juulsen this is the only way we could afford Galchenyuk. Pretty much the same kind of deal i was thinking of.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Terrible for Montreal? How so? Getting Nyquist for Galxhenyuk is a huge win. No?

Galchenyuk is much younger than Nyquist and is at least as good of a point producer. Even if you want to go on the stretch that they have equal value, the rest of the trade is Mrazek + Ouellet for Juulsen + 1st. I'm not much of a Juulsen fan but that is incredibly awful for Montreal. Juulsen has similar pedigree to Ouellet a couple years ago, who hasn't exactly panned out well. And Detroit can't even give Mrazek away at this point.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
As a Wings fan i would do it, Galchenyuk is an upgrade over Nyquist and i wouldn't mind Juulsen this is the only way we could afford Galchenyuk. Pretty much the same kind of deal i was thinking of.

Upgrade with risk? Or just straight up upgrade? Honestly I don’t know much about Galchenyuk or Juulsen.

I know AG’s current line doesn’t dictate his value but I would think turning that current situation into Nyquist would be a good thing for Montreal.

HomeAndHome

Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
You could afford Mrazek for this year, Mrazek would be a decent backup for Price. And if he doesn't work out then MB doesn't qualify Mrazek next summer and he becomes a UFA no big deal.
So Montreal gives up the better player in a deal, plus a first, plus a decent defensive prospect for... Nyquist and whoever Ouellett is?

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Galchenyuk is much younger than Nyquist and is at least as good of a point producer. Even if you want to go on the stretch that they have equal value, the rest of the trade is Mrazek + Ouellet for Juulsen + 1st. I'm not much of a Juulsen fan but that is incredibly awful for Montreal. Juulsen has similar pedigree to Ouellet a couple years ago, who hasn't exactly panned out well. And Detroit can't even give Mrazek away at this point.

I would love for the wings to get another 1st but ok.... let’s drop the extra stuff.

Is Nyquist for Galchenyuk a deal both sides would agree with?

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
So Montreal gives up the better player in a deal, plus a first, plus a decent defensive prospect for... Nyquist and whoever Ouellett is?

If you can’t be bothered to add in Mrazeks name and aren’t sure who Ouellet is then I can see how the deal would look lopsided.

Just the 2 core players then.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Sorry MTL fans...this one's no good. Galchenyuk>Nyquist and Juulsen+1st>>>Mrazek+XO. If Mrazek is replaced by Green it'd probably be closer to fair...but even then I don't think it is. I don't think there's a deal to be had between these teams, but if there is it's probably something around Green for the 1st at the deadline.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would love for the wings to get another 1st but ok.... let’s drop the extra stuff.

I'd personally consider Nyquist for Galchenyuk, Pretty sure that's the only way of affording Galchenyuk. Nyquist 2 years at $4.75 million and Galchenyuk 3 years at $4.9 million so pretty close and Chucky is 5 years younger then Goose and would fit our rebuild perfectly.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
The issue that I’ve read with AG is his lack of defensive play. Nyquist isn’t some defensive super player but he certainly plays 200 feet. Montreal would be getting a similiar value forward with out the current issues.

I think.

HomeAndHome

Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
If you can’t be bothered to add in Mrazeks name and aren’t sure who Ouellet is then I can see how the deal would look lopsided.

Just the 2 core players then.
I was replying to having Mrazek as a backup for one year then not qualify him the next year. That's a waste of assets, especially giving away our first and one of our better prospects the way Montreal's season is going. And I know who Ouellett is, I was just exaggerating to show we don't need another 5/6 d-man.

Galchenyuk for Nyquist is an ok starting point, just no to the proposed add ons

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

I doubt you would get many Habs posters who would be OK with it. We really don't know how poorly the Habs organization views Galchenyuk. I think value pretty clearly still favors the Wings and Montreal should look for a younger player. I think you would have better luck trying to frame a deal around Galchenyuk and AA. Similar age, both seem to have fallen out of favor with their organizations and both have shown an ability to score goals. If Montreal is dead set on moving Galchenyuk, a similar aged forward who is a significantly better skater is an avenue they might want to pursue. How much Detroit adds would be the question.

As a side note, when it was reported that Holland was not interested in moving Helm, it got me thinking that the Habs may have asked for a trade around Helm + AA for Galchenyuk. Helm seems like a player Bergevin would want and could slot into a center role in Montreal.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Seems maybe I got greedy with the 1st. In my defense I did have a question mark stuck in there.

And I figured any player with a French last name was worth at least a 2nd to the Habs.

If Mrazek and Ouellet are removed I’d still be interested. Just for the sake of change.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I doubt you would get many Habs posters who would be OK with it. We really don't know how poorly the Habs organization views Galchenyuk. I think value pretty clearly still favors the Wings and Montreal should look for a younger player. I think you would have better luck trying to frame a deal around Galchenyuk and AA. Similar age, both seem to have fallen out of favor with their organizations and both have shown an ability to score goals. If Montreal is dead set on moving Galchenyuk, a similar aged forward who is a significantly better skater is an avenue they might want to pursue. How much Detroit adds would be the question.

As a side note, when it was reported that Holland was not interested in moving Helm, it got me thinking that the Habs may have asked for a trade around Helm + AA for Galchenyuk. Helm seems like a player Bergevin would want and could slot into a center role in Montreal.

Yeah. Good feedback. Personally I’m not interested in moving AA. He’ll sign this week and all this will be forgotten (for 2 years).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad