Proposal: Detroit - Montreal

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Sorry MTL fans...this one's no good. Galchenyuk>Nyquist and Juulsen+1st>>>Mrazek+XO. If Mrazek is replaced by Green it'd probably be closer to fair...but even then I don't think it is. I don't think there's a deal to be had between these teams, but if there is it's probably something around Green for the 1st at the deadline.

If you think Detroit needs to add to Nyq, then what’s a fair add?

As for Green for Montreal 1st. Sure. I’d do that now. Could end up being a better pick than we’d get at the deadline.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
This isn't a good proposal.

That being said, here is a list of available Red Wings players: Nyquist, Tatar, AA, whoever in the bottom 6, whoever on the defence, both goalies. We're not in a rush to trade AA so he's not a throw-in. Green has value of at least 1st round pick so plan accordingly. Trading Zetterberg is discussable but unlikely. We aren't interested in retaining on contracts unless the returning value is really good.

We don't need your ageing players or bottom-6 prospects - we have enough of our own. We are definitely not selling our prospects unless for better prospects.

If you can find acceptable trade for Galchenyuk within these parameters then OK. Montreal is in win-now mode now and Detroit is in early stage of rebuilding so you're more interested in selling Galchenyuk if you're not playing him than we're interested in buying anyone.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Vegas could've had Mrazek for free and didn't grab him...that's his value in a nutshell.

I prefer Galchenyuk over Nyquist.

MTL would definitely be interested in Ouellet.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If you think Detroit needs to add to Nyq, then what’s a fair add?

As for Green for Montreal 1st. Sure. I’d do that now. Could end up being a better pick than we’d get at the deadline.
I honestly don't even know what the habs would want. We don't really have anything at center we can part with so I guess Saarijarvi and a 2nd? It's pretty hard for me to gauge exactly what without understanding Galchenyuk and Montreal's situation better, but I'd say Nyquist+Saarijarvi+ a 2nd would be within an order of magnitude.

I'd rather do Green for a first now as well, but I don't think Holland or other teams will want to until the deadline. If we did these right now it would be
Nyquist, Saarijarvi, a 2nd, Green for Galchenyuk and a 1st.
I don't personally want to do that trade as I don't think Galchenyuk covers any of our big needs at D and C and I think we should be looking for picks and not another winger if we move Nyquist...the same way Montreal shouldn't trade Galchenyuk without getting a young top 9 C with top 6 expectations back.

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Brutal for Montreal..

Mrazek's contract is brutal, XO doesn't improve Montreal defense and Nyquist isn't worth a lot anymore.

So uhm Juulsen + that pick (like a 2nd maybe?) for Nyquist seems somewhat fair i guess, and then we get Galchenyuk for Mrazek and XO.. Yeah no way.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Horrid for the habs.
Green would be of help but not for the 1st since the pick will be high.
No need for Mrazek at all

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If that 1st is this years, I do it in a heartbeat.

... And Montreal hangs up before that heartbeat.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I would give a 3rd round for Xavier Ouellet.
Not interested in Galchenyuk vs Nyqvist or the terrible offer from the OP

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
this thread needs a little Mantha in it

Bad as the OP is (Granted I don't think he expected a lotto pick for Montreal) that ain't happening.

Actually a month and a half later, these two are horrible trading partners. Both looking for the same thing.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
How about Green/Nyquist/Mrazek for Lindgren/Davidson/Galchenyuk/Conditional Draft Pick, based on how far in the playoffs you get, starting with a 2018 2nd with a shot at a 1st?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Habs take on more cap, add Juulsen and a first... and we still don't get a C? Makes sense.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This indeed makes no sense for the Habs at all. Tatar is nice but not a huge upgrade especially considering the age difference. The Habs certainly don't need another goalie between Price, Montoya and now Niemi with NHL experience and Lindgren in the AHL that has held his own why the heck would they want Mrazek who is having a terrible year? And why Ouellete because he is French? Habs need a PMD not another defensive one.

As some people break these down

Galchenyuk = Tatar or there about
Julsen and a 1st >> Mrazek and Ouellette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad