Pre-Game Talk: Detroit is next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not desperate at all... Everything once again hinges on Price playing often and playing well. But at least Marc is still winning all his trades.

If your games are spaced out, it makes sense to play your starter, especially since Montreal is in the position they're in. But depending how it goes, we may see Lindgren on at least one of those games. MAYBE.

Reactions: HBDay

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I dont have a good feeling about tonight's game. Sounds like Price will be playing (why wouldn't it be good to give Primeau this game before sending him down for the rest of the year?) Jordan Weal and Nick Cousins on the first wave of PP guaranteed. Jordan Weal on the ice with net empty trying to tie the game with more then 3 minutes to go . I can just see it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I dont have a good feeling about tonight's game. Sounds like Price will be playing (why wouldn't it be good to give Primeau this game before sending him down for the rest of the year?) Jordan Weal and Nick Cousins on the first wave of PP guaranteed. Jordan Weal on the ice with net empty trying to tie the game with more then 3 minutes to go . I can just see it.

I see your logic in giving tonight's game off to Price, particularly if he's going to play all of the games in Western Canada. But I'm okay with Primeau being sent down because no matter what, he will play.

As for Weal and Cousins on the PP. I mind Cousins less because lately, he's been bringing something to the table. And even on the PP, if he's to be stationed in front of the net because he is a s**t disturber, then I'm okay with that. I don't get why Weal is there, though.

I was happy when they extended him because I liked him when he came after the TDL last year. But I'm not impressed with him much this year. And him being on the PP over someone like Kotkaniemi or even Danault is a head scratcher for me.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Clod gonna Clod...........his love for free Wealin on the PP makes ZERO sense...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I see your logic in giving tonight's game off to Price, particularly if he's going to play all of the games in Western Canada. But I'm okay with Primeau being sent down because no matter what, he will play.

As for Weal and Cousins on the PP. I mind Cousins less because lately, he's been bringing something to the table. And even on the PP, if he's to be stationed in front of the net because he is a s**t disturber, then I'm okay with that. I don't get why Weal is there, though.

I was happy when they extended him because I liked him when he came after the TDL last year. But I'm not impressed with him much this year. And him being on the PP over someone like Kotkaniemi or even Danault is a head scratcher for me.

Seems like every dumpster players Habs bring here has a good first year or a few month before regressing to their natural state of suck.

As far as KK I think Clod's love for the young Finn is well documented. KK will not play PP if Clod can help it.

Jul 6, 2016
Byron is really not lucky at all. Injured again yesterday at the practice. Fell heavily on the ramp.... He won't be with the team for the long trip.... Good opportunity for Poehling to show his stuff. KK and Mete will be with the team and will possibly play during that trip.

Beware of the Wings !!! Mantha and Anthanasiou are back tonight and they won their last game vs Winnipeg. They have a bad D and goalies but some very talented young forwards. Zadina, Fabri, Larkin, Bertuzzi + the two guys coming back tonight.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
An exception being Thompson. But he's a role player and he is kept within that role. He's not given more than he can handle.

maybe you haven't noticed that Habs have many injured forwards.... That is why Weal is playing on that 3rd line for the time being. You prefer Barber or Hudon ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
maybe you haven't noticed that Habs have many injured forwards.... That is why Weal is playing on that 3rd line for the time being. You prefer Barber or Hudon ?

It's not Weal playing with Domi and Cousins we were talking about. We were talking about Weal on the PP. Which he was playing there despite a healthy line-up.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So it looks like Byron is out for another couple of weeks. Mete should be back next week, which is good. Would like him vs Edmonton.

Need to beat Detroit. Get to 4 in a row before the Western Canada trip.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Clod is a dinosaur from the previous century. He needs to be extinct.

I try and ignore you endless negative posts but have to ask if you even watch the games? You may not like how Claude uses his lines but this style is far from dated. We are playing a mostly wide open, possession based game. Possession numbers are great, D pinch and jump into the play, and we score a bunch at 5 v 5. He is getting a ton out of this pretty lacklustre lineup.

Seriously don’t understand how anyone could have watched the past 100 games and think we are playing anything but a modern game. They system is fine, the players are the problem.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I try and ignore you endless negative posts but have to ask if you even watch the games? You may not like how Claude uses his lines but this style is far from dated. We are playing a mostly wide open, possession based game. Possession numbers are great, D pinch and jump into the play, and we score a bunch at 5 v 5. He is getting a ton out of this pretty lacklustre lineup.

Seriously don’t understand how anyone could have watched the past 100 games and think we are playing anything but a modern game. They system is fine, the players are the problem.

I laugh at his posts all the time because he has called him a "dinosaur" all the time and, if I'm remembering correctly he was the guy who claimed in a GDT once that Julien was playing the same system he used in Boston which is absolutely false.

I agree with you, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the system he's playing. When Julien started his first full season with the club he implemented a system that played to the teams strengths, primarily their foot speed. It is not a coincidence that nights where the team struggles is often a night where they aren't skating well. Losing Byron and Drouin, two of the better skaters on the club, was a tough blow as the team got notably slower up front, an issues compounded by the odd decision to call up the lead footed Charles Hudon to compound the problem.

In overtime in particular, where there's more room out there and Drouin and Bryon would often start out the OT period there loss was felt. People that think Julien and his system are holding this team back are beyond ignorant about what is happening on the ice.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So it looks like Byron is out for another couple of weeks. Mete should be back next week, which is good. Would like him vs Edmonton.

Need to beat Detroit. Get to 4 in a row before the Western Canada trip.
It was a mistake to extend Byron and an even bigger mistake not to trade him in the offseason. Now we have to keep him and hope he finds his game again to get anything worthwhile in return, which will still be less than what we would have gotten if we traded him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad