Pre-Game Talk: Detroit is next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Detroit has lost 10 in a row. They are playing tonight against the Jets. So they might be coming to Montréal on a 11 loses streak... Some say they are bound to win one soon, hopefully it's tomorrow in Winnipeg

Mete doesnt seem ready to Folin might get the next game instead of Leskinen

I'm also curious if Poehling get called back up

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Did somebody ask who's next ?
giphy.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't think Poehling gets called back. Clod doesn't seem to like him.
Detroit's current status is a recipe for a loss. Lost 10 in a row, on the tail end of back to back, team that sucks in general... Habs will find a way to lose this one. I have faith.

Sigh... what a sad state is when all you expect out of your team is a loss.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Detroit has lost 10 in a row. They are playing tonight against the Jets. So they might be coming to Montréal on a 11 loses streak... Some say they are bound to win one soon, hopefully it's tomorrow in Winnipeg

I must have missed... what is Mete's injury?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
So in other words, they will break their losing skid after playing us, 2 Players on Detroit will score the first NHL goal of their careers, they will have a rookie goalie record his first win, someone will break their personal 20 games goaless drought, hmm, what else am I missing that typically occurs when teams play us?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Detroit has lost 12 in a row.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So in other words, they will break their losing skid after playing us, 2 Players on Detroit will score the first NHL goal of their careers, they will have a rookie goalie record his first win, someone will break their personal 20 games goaless drought, hmm, what else am I missing that typically occurs when teams play us?
... a shutout win

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Guaranteed loss and will be our worst game if the year. Not a reverse jinx. Just indicative of how we’ve played down to opponents all year long.

That or a 10-1 win. Either way should be extreme.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'd still play Primeau. This could be an opportunity for us to give Price some extended rest. If he only plays 3 games from Dec. 10 to December 28th that's a nice relief for him that could pay off down the stretch. With Primeau, we may be able to give Price these kinds of breaks periodically throughout the season.

Price last played on Tuesday.
If Primeau plays on Saturday, given our next game after that is Tuesday, Price will have had a full week off.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd still play Primeau. This could be an opportunity for us to give Price some extended rest. If he only plays 3 games from Dec. 10 to December 28th that's a nice relief for him that could pay off down the stretch. With Primeau, we may be able to give Price these kinds of breaks periodically throughout the season.

Price last played on Tuesday.
If Primeau plays on Saturday, given our next game after that is Tuesday, Price will have had a full week off.

I agree. It should be an easier game for Primeau and let him build on his Ottawa win as well as giving Price a few more days off.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Some Russian will take out one of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad