GDT: detroit does carolina - 02feb18

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Ya know what? This continued obsession with Darling's sister is a little creepy. Leave her alone.
I say it for the meme, but twitter is a public forum. Reading her shit is no different than reading any one else’s shit. It’s about the hurricanes and certainly does nothing to help the situation. That is, if she’s actually real

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I say it for the meme, but twitter is a public forum. Reading her **** is no different than reading any one else’s ****. It’s about the hurricanes and certainly does nothing to help the situation. That is, if she’s actually real
Yeah, that's a legal argument, not an ethical one. She's not a public figure. You don't shit all over every Twitter post from any other random stupid fan. It's bullying, and it's pretty distasteful.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
IMO Darlings sister should shut up. Her brother have costed us so many games this season. Yes, our effort wasn't good enough today, we played like complete shit. There is no excuse about today's effort, but usually we lose with Darling in the net, only because no one is trusting him to make even an easy save, I am not even talking about #1 goalie saves he should make. Simply he sucks, our coach is not trusting him, our players are not trusting him. Ward has been miles better. One somewhat decent performance from him means that he will be absolute trash for next 3-5 games. She is just fanboying about him, without seeing that her brother is one of the biggest problems with this team.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
He sure isn’t on the ice for many goals against and has more points since in the last 5 games than anyone else. Maybe they should bench Ryan and Skinner for doing **** all and playing zero defense.

Jeff Skinner is horrendous defensively as evidence by his -22 +/- and he doesn't even play against elite competition. 5 on 5 he's a complete mess.....

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, that's a legal argument, not an ethical one. She's not a public figure. You don't **** all over every Twitter post from any other random stupid fan. It's bullying, and it's pretty distasteful.
It’s not like I’m replying to her, telling her her brother sucks. If she cared about her privacy, then she can do so. By making her twitter private. Don’t want to look bad, don’t put it out in a place you can look bad.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I wish we could send Darling down to Charlotte. His play isn't NHL quality this year. Not even backup goaltender quality.

As was said about Lack. Make a f***ing save. The defense isn't always going to be excellent in front of you, you're paid to make a f***ing save, and Darling isn't capable of it. Period, he's not capable. We downgraded by replacing Lack with Darling, and I didn't think that would be possible.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don't know it seems like sister is making it her business to be a public figure. I don't want to start an argument but there's no way this stuff hasn't infected the locker room. If one coworkers sibling was publicly slamming other coworkers in any business that would be an issue. I think it's gone beyond "darling sucks"- he played pretty well tonight. I'm afraid that it's becoming "we don't trust each other and can't play well together because of it"

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I wish we could send Darling down to Charlotte. His play isn't NHL quality this year. Not even backup goaltender quality.

As was said about Lack. Make a ****ing save. The defense isn't always going to be excellent in front of you, you're paid to make a ****ing save, and Darling isn't capable of it. Period, he's not capable. We downgraded by replacing Lack with Darling, and I didn't think that would be possible.

Oh it's possible! We did it!

I just look an Raanta's play with the Coyotes and his like .920 save percentage.

Man.... this team would be in 1st or 2nd if we had a .920 save perecentage :)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

As was said about Lack. Make a ****ing save. The defense isn't always going to be excellent in front of you, you're paid to make a ****ing save, and Darling isn't capable of it. Period, he's not capable. We downgraded by replacing Lack with Darling, and I didn't think that would be possible.

Did you even watch the game? He made more difficult saves in the first 30 minutes than Cam made all night last night.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Big ****ing deal when he turns into a screen door the second the momentum starts to swing towards the opponent. Highlight reel saves are meaningless when your GAA is over 3.00 and climbing on the season.

A screen door? They gave up an uncontested Slap Shot from 30 feet out, a 3 on 1 and a breakaway. Guys score on those.

This game was about a shitty team performance, not the goalie.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Tonight isn't all on Darling, but it doesn't excuse the dumpster fire he is in Raleigh. He has no business playing at the NHL level with his play this year. Darling isn't a guy who can bail out the team when it's having a down night, and in fact compounds the issues more often than not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad