GDT: detroit does carolina - 02feb18

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
oh no

you poor thing

having to sit in the club level with the richest folks

I know, I know, it's such a downer. I was hoping for the Champions Club.

The last two games I actually had to get up and move seats. Against Ottawa, there was a guy sitting behind me that kept saying. "Good job All-star, there's our All-Star, C'mon All-star, way to go All-star, nice play All-Star etc..." in a clearly sarcastic tone every time Hanifin touched the puck. It was worse than "SHOOT".

Last night, there were two guys sitting right behind us and wouldn't shut up about fantasy hockey. Never stopped talking about it for the entire first period and when they started in again at the drop of the puck for the 2nd, we got up and moved.

I know why Hank liked the solace of having his entire section to himself.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Seriously, no more "Waves" in hockey games.

It is so f***ing dumb I can’t stand it.

When I used to go to Red Sox games somevdrunk asshole would always start the wave in our CF section and inevitably would be booed, cursed, beer thrown at until he moved to RF where those createnswould actually start it. It used to die at our section because there weren’t seats on top of the green monster so it was on us to continue it from the end of the LF foul line but now with the seats up there it just keeps steam rolling.

f*** the wave.

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I know, I know, it's such a downer. I was hoping for the Champions Club.

The last two games I actually had to get up and move seats. Against Ottawa, there was a guy sitting behind me that kept saying. "Good job All-star, there's our All-Star, C'mon All-star, way to go All-star, nice play All-Star etc..." in a clearly sarcastic tone every time Hanifin touched the puck. It was worse than "SHOOT".

Last night, there were two guys sitting right behind us and wouldn't shut up about fantasy hockey. Never stopped talking about it for the entire first period and when they started in again at the drop of the puck for the 2nd, we got up and moved.

I know why Hank liked the solace of having his entire section to himself.

The flaw in Dundon's "fill the lower bowl" experiment: other fans suck.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
The flaw in Dundon's "fill the lower bowl" experiment: other fans suck.
If he did it for the games that sell lots of tickets to opposing fans (PIT, PHI, NYR), then that would be a problem, but you can't look at overall ticket sales to an upcoming game and say "not enough CAR fans are going to be here". It just looks like 10,000+ tickets have been sold, therefore there's no reason (or room) to do the thing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I recognize there are always fans that people don't care for. One older couple that sat in front of us 1 year when I had STH, couldn't stand my active and boisterous kids. They made it pretty clear, so I made sure not to sit by them the following season. What bothers 1 person is fine with another.

The fantasy hockey guys weren't bothering me too much, but were driving my buddy nuts as he was right in front of them and I was off to the side a bit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->