Detroit and the Lottery

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
tenor.gif

Bettman winning over another fanbase I see.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Do you think Bettman would ever allow us a #1OA pick if we promised to waste it on a goalie?

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
The Wings were shafted by Bettman’s balls. Sucks to see the placeholder ball thrusted through the hole to win 1st.

so one of the teams that is eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs get's the #1 pick? holy cow! maybe i should hope my Oilers lose to Chicago, LOL !!! :sarcasm: :laugh:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Personally feel the draft lottery system needs to go, or at least see a significant change to the percentages.

Feel for Wings fans. As an Avs fan I’ve been there a couple times.

I hope for you guys that it works out the way it did for us in 2017.

I never saw the need for the lottery as the "tanking" thing is just way overblown and aprt of the internet conspiracy age we live in I guess.

but the biggest reason the lottery will stay is because the NHL need attention due to it's insecurity as a major sport.

I think they should go back to the way it was and for it's intended purpose, to give the worst team in the league the chance at the best new player in the upcoming draft.

But everything needs to be micro managed and overthought these days.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Canucks have also dropped 4 times in the draft lottery. :(
2016-->3rd to 5th
2017-->2nd to 5th
2018-->6th to 7th
2019-->9th to 10th
If the Canucks don't fall from 2nd to 5th in 2017 what happens with Pettersson? I remember Jim Benning saying he was their #1 rated prospect over Hischer and Patrick and would still selected him over those two if he had the 1st overall pick.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Personally feel the draft lottery system needs to go, or at least see a significant change to the percentages.

Feel for Wings fans. As an Avs fan I’ve been there a couple times.

I hope for you guys that it works out the way it did for us in 2017.

Great post...I agree......Just ditch the stupid lottery, and have teams pick where they finish in the standings...........Stop trying to police the teams........If teams want to tank that's their business

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

lawrence

May 19, 2012
odds where against them winning anyways with 80% chance it's not them, but its a stingger for sure since they tanked so hard to win the 1st pick. kinda happy they didn't win it to be honest.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have also dropped 4 times in the draft lottery. :(
2016-->3rd to 5th
2017-->2nd to 5th
2018-->6th to 7th
2019-->9th to 10th
And ended up with Pettersson and Q. Hughes in two of those drafts.
Sometimes dropping isn’t that bad a thing if you can grab the right player. After the top one or two guys it gets tough to rank the top guys.

Reactions: Canucks LB

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
The NHL under this regime consistently screws up whenever they try to fix things. They swung to an extreme due to Edmonton in the 2010s. In this lottery, they gave the 8 placeholders a 25ish% chance of winning which is higher than any single actual team in the bottom 6. It's fine, it's the NHL, it's chaos whatever.
Those odds are no different than any other year since this format was adopted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad