Proposal: Detroit and Carolina BLOCKBUSTER

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Detroit receives: 2OA in 2018 draft, Justin Faulk and 2019 Second round pick

Carolina receives: 30OA in 2018 draft. Dylan Larkin, Gustav Nyqusit and Darren Helm as cap dump.

Detroit does this because they finally start the full rebuild they need. Having the 2OA and 6OA pick in this draft means they're getting two elite players down the road. Getting Faulk is huge as he could be used as a trade chip for more picks or used for leadership on the team. As well as dumping same cap to sign Mantha and AA.

Carolina does this because they finally have that center they need. I believe they would like to keep Aho on the wing so getting Larkin keeps him there. Getting Nyguist also means a winger like Skinner could be traded for a goalie or even Nyguist himself. Helm helps out getting to cap floor and 30OA pick means they still are picking in the first round of a deep draft

who says no?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Carolina receives: 30OA in 2018 draft. Dylan Larkin, Gustav Nyqusit and Darren Helm as cap dump.

Detroit does this because they finally start the full rebuild they need. Having the 2OA and 6OA pick in this draft means they're getting two elite players down the road. Getting Faulk is huge as he could be used as a trade chip for more picks or used for leadership on the team. As well as dumping same cap to sign Mantha and AA.

Carolina does this because they finally have that center they need. I believe they would like to keep Aho on the wing so getting Larkin keeps him there. Getting Nyguist also means a winger like Skinner could be traded for a goalie or even Nyguist himself. Helm helps out getting to cap floor and 30OA pick means they still are picking in the first round of a deep draft

who says no?
Carolina, because Svechnikov is just that good of a match for them.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
How about Hanifin and Kuokkanen (or rask if you want but, I doubt it)

for Larkin and the rights to Green (with a chance to pre-negotiate a salary with him)

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

who says no?

Carolina, because Svechnikov is just that good of a match for them.

Trade just doesn't make sense because why would you move either Larkin or Mantha (21/23) who are top echelon prospects.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Don't worry we wouldn't want what he is offering either. A top 6 center, top 6 winger and cap dump for a mid pairing defender is far too much to be asking for.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

who says no?
Detroit Says HELL NO Weren't dealing Larkin You want Larkin and we're asking for more then just a 2OA and Faulk period.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Svechnikov isn't available. Could switch #30 Overall to #6 Overall and it would still be a no.

Wouldn't trade #2 for #6 and Dylan Larkin.

Would trade Colorado's #16 and OTT's 2019 pick for #4.

giphy.gif

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit Says HELL NO Weren't dealing Larkin You want Larkin and we're asking for more then just a 2OA and Faulk period.

Calm down. Svech likely ends up better than Larkin.

That being said, I take the possibility of an elite center over the possibility of an elite winger.

And relax, Canes fans, I say, "Likely" because every once in awhile you want a screw and end up with a Nail. :nod:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Carolina needs elite talent to lead the upcoming team for years. 2OA will get them that. Adding a 2C and soon to be UFA winger is not a good idea.
And how come Faulk is in the proposal? And a cap dump to a supposedly contending team that is on a budget?

Greedy proposal.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
So Det gives up its garbage for 2nd OA. That is pretty laughable as far as Car is concerned.

This only makes sense for one team and don't get me wrong by me referring to Larkin as garbage. They are solid players but they aren't even close to Svech.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Richard Moistmaker

May 9, 2018
Value is probably not bad here but Larkin is just far too important to Detroit at the moment. If we had more promising centers in the pipeline then maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad