Proposal: Detroit and Carolina BLOCKBUSTER

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Canes biggest need (after goalie) is an elite high scoring forward. Center would be nice, but with Staal there now, Lindholm looking like a good 3C fit, and Aho and Necas the future (which could be as soon as next season), not as great a need as it was a season ago. We are shallower at RW than left. In other words, as much as I'd like to have Larkin, Svech fits the teams needs like a glove. Yeah, every prospect carries risk, but Svech's risk/reward quotient is such that I'd go with him over most proven NHL players that teams would likely be willing to give up in a trade.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It's an easy no from Detroit, Larkin is already the top scorer on the team is the future captain. Other than Dahlin, no other player in this draft is worth trading him for.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Man Larkin is so overrated

No way Carolina gives up on taking Svechnikov! Also, Detroit is rebuilding, so they trade away a 21-22 year old center who just put up 63 PTS on a terribly bad offensive team, while playing quite well in his own zone?

He is far less overrated than your prize Noah Hanifin! Hanifin may become awesome yet, so far he is a 30 pt d, with questionable d skills.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
From a Detroit perspective, Larkin is a non-starter, especially for a winger return. Without him, the team has literally zero players in the pipeline for the two most important positions on the ice. Justin Faulk doesn't fix that problem.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No way Carolina gives up on taking Svechnikov! Also, Detroit is rebuilding, so they trade away a 21-22 year old center who just put up 63 PTS on a terribly bad offensive team, while playing quite well in his own zone?

He is far less overrated than your prize Noah Hanifin! Hanifin may become awesome yet, so far he is a 30 pt d, with questionable d skills.

That guy is not a Canes fan that posted that.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Going forward, it might be a good idea to check a poster's location (when it's listed) before you fire off a response...

Literally takes five seconds to look at the location or take a quick look at posting history but no one ever seems to do it.

99% of the time, bad proposals or stupid comments being made on the canes behalf are from fans of other teams.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Going forward, it might be a good idea to check a poster's location (when it's listed) before you fire off a response...

This poster didn't have a location as I recall, just their name, which wasn't an obvious team name. Besides that, there are many many people on here, with a location listed that has nothing to do with what team they root for. Not everyone cheers for the team from where they are located, either!

Also to Viqsi and Cardiac, I like how it is just assumed that I have no ability to do research or whatever, just because I didn't know who one fans team is, GEEZ Louise!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This poster didn't have a location as I recall, just their name, which wasn't an obvious team name. Besides that, there are many many people on here, with a location listed that has nothing to do with what team they root for. Not everyone cheers for the team from where they are located, either!

Also to Viqsi and Cardiac, I like how it is just assumed that I have no ability to do research or whatever, just because I didn't know who one fans team is, GEEZ Louise!
Personally, if I'm about to associate someone with a particular team, I like to double-check to make sure I'm right rather than presuming.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Personally, if I'm about to associate someone with a particular team, I like to double-check to make sure I'm right rather than presuming.

Exactly, especially if your comments are going to be as...pointed as Oddbob's were. Just saying, from a forum management standpoint it's not fun when a thread gets derailed with a mini flame war that gets started when one person assumes a poster's a fan of a certain team and it turns out that they aren't, meanwhile that team's actual fans get their hackles up and...yeah, just don't presume or assume.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

He/she did have a location. It said Buffalo. Even so, if you are going to make a pointed comment taking shots at "prize possession Hanifin" and the like, you probably should make sure you know who the poster roots for to avoid the issue. It takes about 30 seconds to check his / her post history (which I did) to discern who they root for.

No big deal, just making a suggestion.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He/she did have a location. It said Buffalo. Even so, if you are going to make a pointed comment taking shots at "prize possession Hanifin" and the like, you probably should make sure you know who the poster roots for to avoid the issue. It takes about 30 seconds to check his / her post history (which I did) to discern who they root for.

No big deal, just making a suggestion.

Fair enough, however not everyone wants to/has the time to check each posters post history!

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Pretty crazy the wings fans ITT not wanting this trade. Obviously Carolina would not offer that

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Wouldn't trade #2 for #6 and Dylan Larkin.

Would trade Colorado's #16 and OTT's 2019 pick for #4.

giphy.gif

Colorado fans wouldnt

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Buffalo fan

check

Larkin is not overrated , hes a good player playing on a garbage team.
Like urs what.

Yet his career stars are almost identical to Sam Reinharts. Replace him in this offer with Sam and you will see how dumb of an offer it is. Svech is going to be better than both of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->