Proposal: Detroit and Carolina BLOCKBUSTER

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
And yet you still have the time to comment and be defensive about the whole thing. :)

Well, he did run down our player, regardless of being a Sabres fan. That and commenting takes less time, then reviewing history and commenting.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
This poster didn't have a location as I recall, just their name, which wasn't an obvious team name. Besides that, there are many many people on here, with a location listed that has nothing to do with what team they root for. Not everyone cheers for the team from where they are located, either!

Also to Viqsi and Cardiac, I like how it is just assumed that I have no ability to do research or whatever, just because I didn't know who one fans team is, GEEZ Louise!

Relax, I wasn’t speaking about you specifically. Lots of people do it. I’m not about to assume anything about you as I don’t know you at all.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I never said the trade offer was good
I just said that Larkin is not overrated.
People are calling him a 1C and balking that DET is massively overpaying. That’s what warranted my response. Neither of those statements are true.

rod

Apr 19, 2018
Detroit receives: 2OA in 2018 draft, Justin Faulk and 2019 Second round pick

Carolina receives: 30OA in 2018 draft. Dylan Larkin, Gustav Nyqusit and Darren Helm as cap dump.

Detroit does this because they finally start the full rebuild they need. Having the 2OA and 6OA pick in this draft means they're getting two elite players down the road. Getting Faulk is huge as he could be used as a trade chip for more picks or used for leadership on the team. As well as dumping same cap to sign Mantha and AA.

Carolina does this because they finally have that center they need. I believe they would like to keep Aho on the wing so getting Larkin keeps him there. Getting Nyguist also means a winger like Skinner could be traded for a goalie or even Nyguist himself. Helm helps out getting to cap floor and 30OA pick means they still are picking in the first round of a deep draft

who says no?

Ken Holland hangs up the phone on this deal

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
The main problem with any deal between the two teams is that the owners severely dislike each other. Mainly due to competition outside of hockey. Now maybe with Mr. I's passing there is less hate between the owner's but they where competitor's for business's around Detroit for decades. Not too mention the Federov offer sheet as well.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
The main problem with any deal between the two teams is that the owners severely dislike each other. Mainly due to competition outside of hockey. Now maybe with Mr. I's passing there is less hate between the owner's but they where competitor's for business's around Detroit for decades. Not too mention the Federov offer sheet as well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fair enough, however not everyone wants to/has the time to check each posters post history!

Fair enough, but then you shouldn't complain when others call you on it if you don't want to take the minute or so it takes to ensure you have your facts right. :dunno:

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You know that Karmanos sold the Canes, right?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oh really? No I was unaware of that.
Not sure if sarcasm, but the deal closed earlier this year. Sold for around $500m to Tom Dundon (Dallas multi-billionaire, owned the US branch of Santander and is a major investor/owner within Top Golf) for about 66% of the team, will have the option to purchase the remainder in 2021. Karmanos is involved by minority ownership only.

Reactions: Unsustainable

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
No I really was unfamiliar with that. Though outside of Detroit I don't stay current with other teams ownership I just knew that for quite a long time Karmanos was head owner of Carolina.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Pretty crazy the wings fans ITT not wanting this trade. Obviously Carolina would not offer that

It's almost like having a young, good C is more valuable to the team than having literally nothing, whatsoever, at the position, in exchange for yet another player at a position they've historically drafted well. Pretty crazy indeed.

But then, that's been explained before it was pointedly ignored for a throwaway, non-additive comment, so maybe that's actually the "pretty crazy" part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad