Post-Game Talk: Detroit 5, Toronto 2. EVERYONE CALM THE **** DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't think they will do much of anything this year. Their age is going to catch up to them sooner rather than later. I see them limping in to the playoffs at best. I don't think they will come close to the cup.

Most TV show prognosticators have the Wings locking down 1 of the 3 guaranteed playoff spots in their division.

Yesterday showed this team is not in decline yet, and showed why they're the model franchise that other teams try to emulate. Well managed, well coached and well built.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Bolland looks even slower then last season and thats hard to believe.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Gardiner was awful last night. The first goal he did more harm then good, he literally screened Bernier with Cleary.. He made no attempt to move him at all. But thankfully that isn't the norm for him. The good FAR out weighs the bad, especially when he's on his game.

Only reason I can see Carlyle saying something like that is to light a fire under Jake's ass. He did the same with JVR and other guys last year.

No way he gets traded just because he's had a couple awful preseason games in Carlyles eyes.. although imo he's looked great except for last night.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Gardiner was awful last night. The first goal he did more harm then good, he literally screened Bernier with Cleary.. He made no attempt to move him at all. But thankfully that isn't the norm for him. The good FAR out weighs the bad, especially when he's on his game.

Only reason I can see Carlyle saying something like that is to light a fire under Jake's ass. He did the same with JVR and other guys last year.

No way he gets traded just because he's had a couple awful preseason games in Carlyles eyes.. although imo he's looked great except for last night.

Gardiner's defensive game will determine his appropriate ice time under Carlyle.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Pre-season is used to judge individual performances, not team. And based on pre-season, our July 5th signings are looking worse with each passing day.

So much for Burke's overpaid UFAs. :laugh:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Am I really seeing this level of panic after a pre-season loss? Get a grip people, it's embarrassing.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Gardiner's defensive game will determine his appropriate ice time under Carlyle.

I'm fine with that.

He's a fun hockey player to watch, no doubt about that, but his play without the puck, and the physical play he showed us last playoffs needs to come back.

It is pre season, so hopefully well get a taste of that when we walk over the smurfs on Tuesday.

GLG.

horner

May 22, 2007
Clarkson and Bozak both look pretty useless. That's a lot of money for third line skill.

Phaneuf as ever is doing his let's-barely-move in his own zone, except to follow his guy all the way up to the blueline and create a 2-on-1 for his partner down low? Happened at least twice last night, it makes zero sense. Guy is not smart enough.

I do agree with you on Phaneuf
Wouldn't mind if we didnt sign him

As far as Bolland and Clarkson
Iam glad we have these two players

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Clarkson isn't the greatest offensive talent but he's not remotely paid like a superstar. He had some great board work and possession last night, the kind of stuff we didn't see a lot of last year. Him fighting Ericsson was huge too. Ericsson was being a dick all night long and it was great to see him have to answer for it; he'll likely think twice next time. Clarkson earned his money again last night. A fight, a goal or an assist in a game and there should be no complaints. Yes of course Orr or McLaren can fight but likely they aren't going to take on a lightweight like ericsson (code).

BayStreetBullies*

I do agree with you on Phaneuf
Wouldn't mind if we didnt sign him

As far as Bolland and Clarkson
Iam glad we have these two players

This wouldn't be a Leafs thread if there weren't a couple of people trashing Phaneuf. Some people never learn. :shakehead

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah if we lose Phaneuf, this team is ****ed. As much as he's fun to hate, he's the only defenseman we have capable of playing 28+ mins a night against the oppositions best players and doing a good job of it.

Imo he's our most important player. We could replace Kessels scoring, Phaneuf I don't think we could replace what he does internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad