Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I think you guys are seriously overrating the chances that Fabbri can come back from his injuries and become an effective player.

It’s not the surgeries that’s affecting his game. He needs playing time and reassert himself as an offensive player. It seemed like he was trying too much to be a heavy player to possibly impress Berube. That’s just not who he is as a player.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
DLR is 6’3’’ 216lbs so I guess that’s why the Blues wanted him. Berube can teach him the ways of the old “clutch and grab” I guess.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
While Fabbry still has stuff to show at the NHL level, De La Rose already showed that he cannot do anything offensively... his NHL career is probably done

Good luck to both though

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's the second bad trade that St. Louis has made in a short period of time.
absolutely....well the Faulk trade wasnt bad....the extention was rediculous and nothing about his play justifies it.

I think you guys are seriously overrating the chances that Fabbri can come back from his injuries and become an effective player.
we've watched him skate, and physically he's fine.

This was a throw away trade for the Blues. We have guys in SA that could fill in for Steen.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Let me start by saying this is in no way a good trade for St Louis.

However, Fabbri really needs ice time and has been very underwhelming since returning from injury. Loved the way the kid plays he just can’t keep sitting multiple games before getting a chance. DLR really doesn’t do much. I’m assuming Fabbs asked for a trade sort of like Jaskin did and I hope this helps turn his career around and gets it back on track

Reactions: Ginger Papa

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Even if the Blues permanently benched Sanford, it looked like they weren't going to give Fabbri the opportunity to relearn what he's good at. And let me be clear: he really looks like he needs to relearn a lot. His confidence is shot and his sense for where everyone else is and the tempo of the game is nowhere near where it needs to be for an offensive player. It looks like he flies in the first shift and then, because he doesn't immediately create something, you can see him thinking and slowing down through the period and he never makes an impact again in the game.

I hope he gets it back and does well for the Wings, he's a really likable guy.

Seems like a poor value trade, but this could easily be one we laugh about as being meaningless mere months from now.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
For Detroit fans:
Fabbri’s knee isn’t the problem. He looks plenty fast enough and explosive enough as a skater to be an NHL player. But he seems to have lost his sense of how to play without the puck, especially when the opponent has it. And he’s created some exciting moments on offense, but can’t seem to cash in on scoring chances. Personally, I think his shot doesn’t look right. He’s lost his confidence there and it lacks the velocity it showed his rookie season.

Bottom line, I think it’s all mental. I think his knee is not remotely the issue. So there’s hope that with some regular ice time and a chance to play through the rust, maybe you’ve got something there. For the Blues, they have more promising prospects that passed him, and he just couldn’t earn his way past them. I bet Kyrou will be up shortly.

I’ll be rooting for Fabbri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad