Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Berube doesn’t like Fabbri. Too small and too weak on the puck.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I strongly suspect Fabbri asked for a trade. He really needs some ice time. The best thing for his career would be to play lots of minutes in the AHL and regain some form. There was just no way for him to do that in St Louis, and they couldn’t send him down without losing him on waivers.

Good luck to him. I know nothing about De La Rose. I guess he’s a guy who can provide a bit of depth and be the designated healthy scratch. Although with Steen going down for what looks like a while, maybe there is an opportunity there.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Blues and making room for Kyrou and Kostin. They’ll be up soon especially if Steen is out long term.
I hope to God this isn't the reason for this trade.

If so, that would be one of the most knee-jerk reactions to a situation I've seen. It also wouldn't make any sense considering that the Blues are getting a roster player back and that Fabbri would have been a better option to replace Steen's minutes.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
He needed a fresh start after coming off of 2 major injuries. He more than likely wanted more playing time and the Blues need to make room for Kyrou. Fabbri just didn't have a spot or the time to let him work his way back in and they weren't going to send him to SA.

Reactions: Chet Manly

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think you guys are seriously overrating the chances that Fabbri can come back from his injuries and become an effective player.
His lateral movement isn’t as good but he is still fast. He just needs playing time, which for some reason he won’t get with the Blues.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I strongly suspect Fabbri asked for a trade. He really needs some ice time. The best thing for his career would be to play lots of minutes in the AHL and regain some form. There was just no way for him to do that in St Louis, and they couldn’t send him down without losing him on waivers.

Good luck to him. I know nothing about De La Rose. I guess he’s a guy who can provide a bit of depth and be the designated healthy scratch. Although with Steen going down for what looks like a while, maybe there is an opportunity there.

That's really the only scenario that makes sense. Best of luck to Fabbri.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
source.gif

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I came here to post the same sentiment.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He needed a fresh start after coming off of 2 major injuries. He more than likely wanted more playing time and the Blues need to make room for Kyrou. Fabbri just didn't have a spot or the time to let him work his way back in and they weren't going to send him to SA.
Oh no, there is a spot for him. It's occupied by Zach Sanford, who for some reason is immune to being benched for terrible play. Fabbri has outplayed the crap out of him this year, so why Sanford continues to play is beyond me.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
FYI Detroit fans - Fabs skating has looked really good this year. Probably didn't fit the best within the Blues system but he really didn't get much of an opportunity after coming back and needed a fresh start. He's not the best defensively but I think he still has a lot of upside offensively and has been pretty snakebitten when in the lineup for us. I like him in your system and that group. This could end up being a steal for you guys. Great deal for you guys. Good luck Fabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad