Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Robby Fabbri signs extension with Red Wings (3 years, $4M AAV)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I've never understood the need for some Habs fans to obsessively shit up every thread about an original six team.

I get that it's frustrating that your team has been irrelevant for 30 years, outside of one year where COVID gave them a "Go To Finals for Free" card. That doesn't mean you need to stop by and piss in every thread.

Fabbri's contract is an average, pedestrian contract for an average, pedestrian NHLer. It is neither an over or underpayment. I don't get why this is something anyone feels the need to make a big deal about.

Reactions: BStinson

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I've never understood the need for some Habs fans to obsessively shit up every thread about an original six team.

I get that it's frustrating that your team has been irrelevant for 30 years, outside of one year where COVID gave them a "Go To Finals for Free" card. That doesn't mean you need to stop by and piss in every thread.

Fabbri's contract is an average, pedestrian contract for an average, pedestrian NHLer. It is neither an over or underpayment. I don't get why this is something anyone feels the need to make a big deal about.
:laugh:

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
The dollar doesn’t bother me too much but I wouldn’t of gone over 2 years. I don’t really care for Fabbri though so I might be a little jaded

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Won't affect Detroit signing Seider or Raymond so other than that literally doesn't matter. I liked him in STL and loved his tenacity on the puck. Don't watch him much now, maybe a million rich for what I would expect, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter for them. Happy for Fabbri.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nah, we agree it's not a steal. Good? It's fine. But I appreciate your attempt to strong arm somebody into agreeing with you though. :thumbu:

Now I'm just curious as to what's going so badly in your life that you feel the need to go into random threads and pick fights over petty bullshit and then try to bully people into submission just so you can feel like you actually got a win. :laugh: Hate to tell you this, but I ain't the one.

Ouch.

Reactions: WingsMJN2965

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Oddly enough, he hasn't returned to the thread since. Maybe it was the alcohol... Hopefully it was the alcohol.

As for the Raymond/Seider subject, both could break the bank at $9M if they keep playing this way, but Fabbri's deal wont effect that, and if it did, it's a pretty tradable deal.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Oh. Bad choice!

giphy.gif

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
His contract compares to Alex Iaffalo, Jonas Donskoi and Joel Armia. Good for 40 points. Far from a 4th liner - right now anyways. He might be a 3rd liner in a couple of years if :

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Zadina - UFA C - Vrana
Fabbri - Suter - Berggren
Rasmussen - Veleno - Soderblom

What's the plan with Rasmussen? I have to imagine there is a bit of disappointment there.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I mean he's carving out a role for himself, but that role isn't too glamorous for what you want out of a top 10 pick.

Actually just looked...I know it's not all about points but on pace for around 30 points...big guys can take a bit longer to develop.

Just a real shame with some of the guys that went after, ideally would have gotten the 2nd line centre the organization needs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I mean he's carving out a role for himself, but that role isn't too glamorous for what you want out of a top 10 pick.

People should just STOP thinking of the pick height he was selected.

Think Rasmussen as a player he is. Matchup Center. his MAIN job is to prevent points.

There's nothing wrong on him, except people's expectations, because people believe, higher drafted guys should ALWAYS be point-producers.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

Think Rasmussen as a player he is. Matchup Center. his MAIN job is to prevent points.

There's nothing wrong on him, except people's expectations, because people believe, higher drafted guys should ALWAYS be point-producers.

Guys taken top-10 should be top-six players or elite defensive players. Rasmussen is below average in every facet of the game.

He was a terrible pick and Holland apologists need to stop acting like he's a good player. He's not.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Actually just looked...I know it's not all about points but on pace for around 30 points...big guys can take a bit longer to develop.

Just a real shame with some of the guys that went after, ideally would have gotten the 2nd line centre the organization needs.
Yeah, there were some good ones in there. But honestly I think Detroit really needs a center better than Larkin to push him to 2C.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
When was Bertuzzi ever on the trade block?

Surely you can tell the difference between actual players on the trading block (DeBrusk, Tarasenko, Eichel) and when some random leafs fan starts an "X player to Toronto" thread.
It was widely reported. A quick google search brings up articles from nbcsports and legit Detroit writers, but I do recall one of the TSN insiders reporting Bertuzzi's name was out there right before the season. You can post stuff like this, or just go look it up yourself. I surely can tell the difference. Can you?

EDIT: Here's a link that includes multiple links and quotes regarding specific teams having interest, including Elliott Friedman saying Toronto was interested this summer. Red Wings: The Latest on Tyler Bertuzzi Trade Rumors

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad