Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Robby Fabbri signs extension with Red Wings (3 years, $4M AAV)

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
For a guy that never had a 40 points season in 6 NHL seasons, I would say that it’s not a bargain either to say the least.
Always sound logic when he's paced for 49 points twice over two shortened seasons

That said, I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but using total points in two shortened seasons as a knock is a poor argument.

Last edited:

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Does this contract make him more valuable? I guess the more important question is if Yzerman traded anyone in Tampa Bay soon after signing them to an extension, doesn’t seem like something he does. Maybe he will make an exception, I am not a big fan of Fabbri, would love if he could be part of a package to fill the gaping hole at Center.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Always sound logic when he's paced for 49 points twice over two shortened seasons
I don’t care he paced for it, I said he never had a 40 points season and I’m right. Hopefully his « intangibles » are worth the money. Otherwise it just look like Detroit overpaid for a 3rd liner.

Reactions: GordonGraham

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Woo hoo! Good for Robby BIG TIME Fabbri!

Wasn't sure he was going to have much of a future career a couple years ago to now signing a $12 million contract. You love to see it :)

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Does this contract make him more valuable? I guess the more important question is if Yzerman traded anyone in Tampa Bay soon after signing them to an extension, doesn’t seem like something he does. Maybe he will make an exception, I am not a big fan of Fabbri, would love if he could be part of a package to fill the gaping hole at Center.
I don’t know about TB but how many games did Mo play before the WSH trade?

Reactions: YpsiWings

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I don’t care he paced for it, I said he never had a 40 points season and I’m right. Hopefully his « intangibles » are worth the money. Otherwise it just look like Detroit overpaid for a 3rd liner.
I don't care if it's a pure fact that he didn't. It's a dumb argument when you can't show logic. You probably also feel McDavid *only* had a 100 point season, instead of one of the most offensively ridiculous seasons in the past 25 years

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Well that deal stinks

shouldnt be an issue for Detroit, though. And if anything youre paying for a good third liner and some draft capital down the road

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Good deal. Fabbri works his tail off, and plays both ends of the ice. Happy for him to be sticking around, perfect middle of the line up option and fits into the core age group moving forward.. Also easy contract to move if needed in the future.

Reactions: banks and stl76

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Seems like quite a bit considering his production and ability to stay healthy, but I won't pretend to watch Fabbri so have no idea how the rest of his game is.

Reactions: CanuckCity

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I don't care if it's a pure fact that he didn't. It's a dumb argument when you can't show logic. You probably also feel McDavid *only* had a 100 point season, instead of one of the most offensively ridiculous seasons in the past 25 years
I know you don’t care about facts, since your « logic » isn’t based on what is observable but on projection. McDavid had 116,108 and 105 points season, thus showing he can be a 110+ player, doesnt mean he is a 150 points player until he proves he can do it. Fabbri has proven at his what should be peak offensive years to be an average third liner production wise, don’t see how that justify a 4M$ cap hit but you do you.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
4 million a year puts him somewhere around the 260th..? highest paid player in the league. Looking at comparables for forwards in that range and i think Steve and the front office did a good job. Short term commitment for a player who rejuvenated his career after coming over. Career wise he averages basically half a point per game.. 4 million isn't big money like it was 10 years ago in terms of how much players are paid.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His advanced stats are poor, offensively milquetoast and especially bad defensively but can't see I've watched him much this year and Wings fans seem fairly pleased so I'm gonna chalk much of that up to him being on a terrible team. He's got a willing motor, some good skill and versatility and it looks like he's been playing 19-20 minutes a night this past week or two. As an outsider it sure doesn't seem like a super team-friendly deal but given health and some untapped upward trajectory - it's probably fine. I imagine if we he were playing a "super middle-6" role on a really good team like Tampa, the optics may look a little different.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Guess it doesn't really matter. They'll want to be contending what like the last year of his deal? If that? Think its a bit rich but not an issue either

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Seems fine. Maybe a bit pricy, but 3 years when he's like 26 is good, not having to worry about him being an expensive player in his 30s. Been at a bit over 0.5 PPG for Detroit, they clearly like him, he seems to fit in well in the room.

It's not a contract that's gonna cripple them or anything. Good for him getting a nice payday

Reactions: CanuckCity

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Maybe he's put it together. Strikes me as quintessential guy who needs to be on a bad team to produce.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Do you see the contracts the league hands out? This may not be a bargain, but it is far from the only deal for similar production and money?

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
For a guy that never had a 40 points season in 6 NHL seasons, I would say that it’s not a bargain either to say the least.

He's been on pace, and is still improving. I've kept a closer eye on him then I probably would because I have him in my pool too. It may not be a wicked deal, based on prior production, but this contract is exactly what I said, that is not a bad contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad