Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Robby Fabbri signs extension with Red Wings (3 years, $4M AAV)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Good, so we agree this isn't a steal contract or even a good contract. It's nothing special for the production that Fabbri brings to the table.

Nah, we agree it's not a steal. Good? It's fine. But I appreciate your attempt to strong arm somebody into agreeing with you though. :thumbu:

Now I'm just curious as to what's going so badly in your life that you feel the need to go into random threads and pick fights over petty bullshit and then try to bully people into submission just so you can feel like you actually got a win. :laugh: Hate to tell you this, but I ain't the one.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I know you don’t care about facts, since your « logic » isn’t based on what is observable but on projection. McDavid had 116,108 and 105 points season, thus showing he can be a 110+ player, doesnt mean he is a 150 points player until he proves he can do it. Fabbri has proven at his what should be peak offensive years to be an average third liner production wise, don’t see how that justify a 4M$ cap hit but you do you.
313461.jpg

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tomas Tatar's last 82 games as Red Wing (before trade to Vegas at season 2017-18)
82 games 26+19 = 45 points (0.55 ppg)
17:15 avg Ice-Time
27-year old
Old deal worth 2.75M did lead to 4-year deal worth 5.3M

Robby Fabbri's last 82 games as Red Wing
82 games, 22+22 = 44 points (0.54)
17:10 avg Ice-Time
25-year old (turns 26 on january)
Old deal 2.95M did lead to 3-year deal worth 4.0M

Yzerman just snaps ~million away per every contract. Still Florida taxes are the reason?

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
loved the move to bring him to Detroit and most of what he has done since, but at this point he is what is he and is now fully priced. I was hoping Yzerman was going to use him as a trade chip for an underperforming forward with legit 2C potential (sigh, Bennett...)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
For the Wings he's been a 0.57PPG player which is really, really solid given the state of the team during that timeframe.

He's a fairly reliable depth scorer. Needs to stay healthy.

That's what Nyquist and Tatar put on the table when they were still on the Wings.

loved the move to bring him to Detroit and most of what he has done since, but at this point he is what is he and is now fully priced. I was hoping Yzerman was going to use him as a trade chip for an underperforming forward with legit 2C potential (sigh, Bennett...)

Yeah, he was traded for Jacob de la Rose, who was picked free from waivers. Guy is now playing at Europe.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
lmao at some random Habs fan obsessively warning us about what an ultimately normal contract this is.

Wings fans: Fabs at 3x4. Ok, not bad.

Hab bros: NO! It's not a steal, it's not even a good contract.

Wings fans: yeah, no one said anythi....

Hab bros: So I'm right and you agree! Good!

Lol this thread is great.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Ehh, unless he falls off and becomes a 20 point player this actually boosts his trade value. But signing a guy and then trading him right after is not the best habit to get into.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
The "big picture" question I ask about all of these contracts (Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Hronek) is "will a contender/playoff team take on 50% of it for picks?" The answer is.....yup.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Man is this ever pissing off the spreadsheet squad! :laugh:

Good deal for Fabbri and Detroit. He's serviceable on any of the first 3 lines and effective on the PP.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The "big picture" question I ask about all of these contracts (Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Hronek) is "will a contender/playoff team take on 50% of it for picks?" The answer is.....yup.

Considering Detroit plays like ass when Bertuzzi isn’t around I’d rather they kept him.

He has a momentum shifting energy that he brings to the team that’s a rare trait among players. That’s the kind of thing you want when you’re making the playoffs down the road.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Considering Detroit plays like ass when Bertuzzi isn’t around I’d rather they kept him.

He has a momentum shifting energy that he brings to the team that’s a rare trait among players. That’s the kind of thing you want when you’re making the playoffs down the road.
He was on the trade block leading up to the start of this season, not long after his extension was signed so that's why I threw his name out there. His vaccination situation likely makes him impossible to trade anyways. I did forget to include Vrana though.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He was on the trade block leading up to the start of this season, not long after his extension was signed so that's why I threw his name out there. His vaccination situation likely makes him impossible to trade anyways. I did forget to include Vrana though.

He was on the trade block, or people speculated that he was on the trade block?

Reactions: Henkka and izlez

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
When was Bertuzzi ever on the trade block?

Surely you can tell the difference between actual players on the trading block (DeBrusk, Tarasenko, Eichel) and when some random leafs fan starts an "X player to Toronto" thread.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I know you don’t care about facts, since your « logic » isn’t based on what is observable but on projection. McDavid had 116,108 and 105 points season, thus showing he can be a 110+ player, doesnt mean he is a 150 points player until he proves he can do it. Fabbri has proven at his what should be peak offensive years to be an average third liner production wise, don’t see how that justify a 4M$ cap hit but you do you.
This isn’t 2010 anymore. $4M is pretty much the going rate for ~40pt 2nd/3rd line forwards in today’s NHL. The fact it’s only three years is even better

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
But signing a guy and then trading him right after is not the best habit to get into.

That's what happened with Mantha. (4-year extension)
- Signing day, November 4th.
- Trading day, April 12th.

Buyers will arise at near of trade deadline (March 11th at 2022), like always.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Doesn't seem like a great deal for DET but obviously this will not be an issue. It's not terrible either but unless he takes a decent step forward then it looks like a bit of an overpay at first glance.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
It’s a fair contract. First round pick, I juries and no space to grow in St. Louis and then being part of one of the worst teams in the 21st century….. he’s got jam and creates a lot. I trust Stevie Y on what he sees

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Fabbri will have 1 year left on the deal when Raymond and Seider need new deals. Perfect draft-day trade or keep him if there’s room. Anyone expressing worry or concern about this needs to go outside.

Reactions: njx9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad