Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings re-sign Dylan Larkin (5 years, $6.1M AAV)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well that's a possibility, an unlikely one though.

You guys must be more defensive about your team than I am about mine. I wouldn't get offended if he said that about my team.
Don't lump me in with those Martians.

He came in looking to start something and he did.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
How many of those players are on the team this year?

You are living in the past. Friggin Lidström was drafted in the 80’s....

Just hold onto the memories of when the Wings were relevant...
They only contended for a quarter century so a few down years and savvy drafting and right back in the thick of it. Maybe they will just relocate to KC , hear its a good market lol.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Jack Hughes to Detroit. Confirmed.
Like how you listed The Wings more recent pics.They might not be generational but serviceable with upside. I was undecided on Kenny for a while but the past two seasons and drafts have put my faith back in him.
I like the direction this team is going. I believe The wings are inbetter shape than Calgary for example.A stuck in the middle team which will probably go down before going up.That was the Wings three seasons ago.
As of late the draft and new contracts have been solid.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well that's a possibility, an unlikely one though.

You guys must be more defensive about your team than I am about mine. I wouldn't get offended if he said that about my team.

I think it makes it more annoying coming from Pens fans, cause they always act like they didn't get a massive amount of luck in winning the Crosby draft, which turned everything around for that franchise, especially seeing as they were extremely close to bankruptcy and leaving the league completely. Without Crosby it is very likely the Pens would either be gone, or would have no cups! So in this scenario of being relevant or good for a fairly short period of time, and then running down a team that has missed the playoffs 2 times in the past 27 years is unnecessary. That and the Pens and Wings since 2011 really aren't rivals.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Umm, why exactly would Holland want 5 years? That seems incredibly stupid. If I were him, 6,7,8 or arbitration.

Not saying I agree or disagree but Ken Holland likes guys to be motivated to play for their next contract.

This provides that motivation IMO, since it gives Larkin a chance to sign a monster deal in 5yrs, while he is still in his prime.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad